contacts and calendars on macbook pro to syn with samsung galaxy s6

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by suereinberg, Nov 10, 2015.

1. suereinberg macrumors newbie

Hello,

I could really use your expertise on MacRumors. Oh my goodness I love Apple products and have a 2 year old Macbook Pro. I used to have an iphone and recently switched over to a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone.

My problem is my contacts on my phone and my contacts on my Macbook pro are not all the same. When I open up my contacts on my macbook pro on the far left side it shows:
    1. All Contacts
    2. All sue...@gmail.com contacts
    3. All icloud

The when I go to contact - preferences and choose for example "icloud" I'm not sure if it should checkmark the box that says "enable this account" it also shows my gmail address do i also enable this account??? I am so confused.

When I purchased my new phone they helped me right there in the store transfered all my contacts from my iphone 4s to my new samsung galaxy s6.

Thanks for your advise.
    sue

2. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

I do this now for all of my devices. I have a Galaxy Note 5, iPhone 6s +, Nexus 6P, iPad Air, rMBP and an iMac. I sync calendar and contacts by uploading everything to Google and have it all replicated through all my devices.
    My devices are set to use Google for calendar and contacts. I can create a new contact or calendar event on any ofmy phones and have it replicate to all of the devices listed above. This works extremely well for me.