Contacts Disappared/Deleted After Attemtping To Merge With iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tdjohnson1991, Apr 5, 2017.

1. tdjohnson1991 macrumors newbie

Hello All,

Tried searching, but couldn't find anything. I have a friend that has an Iphone 7 plus for about a month now. After attempting to activate iCloud and clicking on Merge when asked to sync contacts, etc., all contacts are gone from the phone, and when checking in iCloud, there are no contacts as well. She apparently has not backed up the phone as well.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Seems to be a common occurrence from what I've read online. She has tried to disable and re-enable iCloud contacts sync and restarting the phone.

2. 960design macrumors 68020

I update phones every year ( 3 iPhone 7s ) and do not save backups since iCloud has come out. I'm guessing that she accidentally missed the merge tap. My contacts have survived three or four upgrades over three different accounts on three different phones.

If she does not have a backup, then she may be out of luck. I'm sorry, I do not have a better answer.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes sounds like she didn't hit merge or they would have merged and not overwritten/deleted.
    Sounds like she's out of luck.