Contacts was saved as default in my exchange account, how to merge them with iCloud?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gc15, Apr 11, 2015.

1. gc15 macrumors regular

For some odd reason my notes and contacts were set by default to go through exchange. I fixed the notes problem, but i can't seem to make my new contacts which i have put in going to exchange switch to my iCloud. I tried going to settings and pressing merge to iCloud and making iCloud the default one, and even turned off contacts in iCloud and then reactivated. Any ideas what to do?

2. Bradthehead macrumors newbie

Bradthehead

I have the same issue. Did you figure out a solution? Thanks Brad

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

This is easy if you have a Mac...you just copy from one account to the other using the Contacts app. On

Fastest solution I can come up with these days is downloading the iOS app "Contacts Kit" (It may be called "IS Contacts Kit") from which you can email yourself a copy of your exported contacts. Not sure if the functionality or the free version is enough.

4. Sndman2004 macrumors member

I had the same problem, this app let me move them from one account (exchange) over to my iCloud account!

Smart Merge Pro - Duplicate Contacts Cleanup from your address book by YT Development Ltd
    https://appsto.re/us/tNh8E.i