continual headphone error

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tommy060289, Jul 29, 2012.

1. tommy060289 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I know there can sometimes be an error where your iphone thinks that you have headphones plugged in when you don't if you recently unplugged your headphones but mine is getting ridiculous! I listen to music when I go out running using the Nike App and frequently when I remove the headphones my iphone thinks they are still plugged in so sound doesnt work including when people call me. I have tried plugging and unplugging the headphones and force resetting the iphone but the only solution is a restore which takes a good couple of a hours with all my music and this is becoming more and more of a chore.

I have cleaned out the headphone socket but im not really sure if its an issue with the nike app or just a continuation of the iphone issue as I only listen to music when running. Anyone got any ideas of a fix for this?

btw its an iphone 3GS 32GB.

Cheers,

Tom

2. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

This happened to me a couple years ago. I put a q-tip down in there with MINIMAL mositure on it... I think I probably dabbed it on my tongue as I read this would work. After a good thorough cleaning nothing changed... then a few minutes later it started working fine after I'd been having repeated trouble.

Hope this helps.