Controversial Sandy Hook Benefit Concert

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Apr 17, 2015.

1. citizenzen, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015

citizenzen macrumors 65816

So a benefit concert is seen as a 2nd Amendment threat?

Gun advocates once again prove to be the prickliest and most sensitive members of American society.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Yeah I think its a little blown out of proportion. Tim McGraw is clearly doing what he emotionally feels is right by supporting a national tragedy. The Sandy Hook Promise doesn't say anything banning personal firearms.

I grew up in Connecticut not too far from Sandy Hook. While it's gun laws are somewhat lax compared surrounding states (NY, MA), I never got the sense that most people were overwhelmingly pro-gun. The Sandy Hook tragedy is also countered with the Petit Family Cheshire Home Invasion/Rape/Muders which in some peoples' minds promoted gun ownership.

3. pdjudd macrumors 601

It’s Breitbart... Everything to him is a conspiracy (and an opportunity to hack promote his website)

4. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Going to have to go with liberals on this one.

He died a few years ok, but ok. Rolling Stone is a totally legit source lately.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The reason McGraw agreed to do the concert in the first place is because one of his band members is friends with a father of one of the victims.

6. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I think dog poop could be thought to threaten the second amendment.

7. dec. Suspended

dec.

Breitbart is a hilarious assembly of superstitious right wing people.

Don't question "god", "guns" or "conservatism".

I do admit that I have an account there and I had a blast to talk some messed up republican "Christians" into the fact that Louis CK's "CK" really stands for "Christ Killer" :) . They are toys.

----------

As soon as some lunatic thinks that it's worshippable - yes.

I'm tired of people that come up with all sorts of pathetic "gods" to excuse discriminatory behavior. Keep your "god" in your home - and if your superstitious """belief""" tells you to discriminate, go **** yourself, antisocial pig.

8. aaronvan, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015

aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I earned a lifetime ban from Breitbart on the day I registered. That place really is the cesspool of the Intertubes.

9. burgundyyears macrumors 6502

Your thread title is a bit misleading. Sandy Hook Promise is a non-profit, but they are not what I would call a benefit organization, that is, as far as I can tell, they do not raise money for the victims or victims' families. They seem mostly to have produced some pamphlets. I don't know about their politics, but they uncritically repeat some talking points on their web site that could be seen as taking a decidedly left-wing viewpoint. Hard to say if they're to blame though given the sheer volume of poor quality research that is churned out.

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Their goal is to stop other kids from being senselessly murdered.