Conversion widget US$ to £ broken

Discussion in 'macOS' started by big_malk, Mar 9, 2009.

1. big_malk macrumors 6502a

About a week ago I noticed that US dollar to UK pound conversion in the unit conversion widget was totally off, with tens of dollars being only 10s of pennies instead of pounds. (At first I thought there might have been another, sudden economic crises, and getting paid from America I got a bit scared :eek:).

But there wasn't, and I thought it might just be a temporary mistake with the conversion rates downloaded from Yahoo! or something, but it's still way off and the 'last updated' date/time is always changing.

I've restarted loads since this started, and deleted and re-pulled-out the widget and it's still ALWAYS wrong, and it's getting pretty annoying. So
    I tried it on my dads iMac and it's wrong too, so I don't think this is a bug with mine.

Is anyone else having this problem?

2. big_malk thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

I'm having the exact same problem. Have been for a couple of months now.

It's weird that we both live in Scotland - could this be location based?

David

4. big_malk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah, I have the Safari 4 beta installed like those people, and now I think of it this did start happening around the same time!

Would of been more interesting if it were a Scotland conspiracy though :p

5. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Just use Google instead. Type in (for example) "10 US dollars in pounds sterling" and you will get the current exchange rate.