Convert to Family Plan ???'s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Silverbird0000, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

I have two questions. I currently have an iPhone and individual iPhone plan. I plan on giving my 8gb iPhone to my significant other and upgrading to the 16gb. So the first question is do I just take the sim out of the old 8gb and put it in the new 16gb, then activate the 8gb with the new sim, keeping my old sim in the new 16gb? And the second question is can I convert my individual plan into a family share plan when activating the "new" phone in iTunes or do I have to go to an AT&T store to do this? If it helps... the "new" activation will be porting a number. I have searched the forums for an answer on converting to a family plan through iTunes, but could not find an answer. It is going to be a surprise because he has been wanting it for awhile and I want to do it sometime in the next few days so any help would be great!!

2. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

1) Yes, you can just switch out the sim cards

2) I *think* you should be able to do it through iTunes, but a quick call to your local AT&T store should confirm/deny this. At worst, you should only need to go into the store for a few minutes to set up the Family Plan.