converted music video will NOT play on iPhone, but WILL play on MBP & Apple TV

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Aniej, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I am having a problem with a video I downloaded that was originally a .flv file which I converted with iSquint to an mp4. The video and sound play just fine both on my Mac and on Apple TV, however when I try to play the video on my iPhone all that I can get to play is the audio with no video. Has anyone encountered this or know how to fix it?

2. unity macrumors 6502a

Ya.... convert it to iPod or iPhone use. The AppleTV had different standards - think Hi Def. You need to lower the resolution.

3. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

maybe i am missing something, but I thought iSquint was specifically meant to convert for use in iPod?

4. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I'm not sure how to fix that problem but I've encountered it a few times when trying to convert .wmv's to play on my iPhone.

5. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

empathy is appreciated ;). anyone else have a possible answer to this conundrum?:confused:

6. sJv macrumors regular

I do, I do!

I just ran into the same problem where videos I converted from WMV to mp4 using iSquint played fine on my MBP and ipod but not my iphone. I re-converted them, but this time checked the H.264 Encoding box, and it now works on the iphone. Have you tried this?

-steve

7. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

you, ohhhh you! You rock! solved.