Converting a Sony Vaio VGN-N31S to the Mac way of life

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MeanAndy, Oct 8, 2012.

1. MeanAndy macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Wasn't sure where this would be suited, had a look through the forums and found nothing useful, so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I have an old Sony Vaio VGN-N31S that I would like to install either Tiger or Snow Leopard on. It currently has W7 on it and just about manages. I would just rather have a Mac OS so to better integrate with my iMac.

I was just wondering if anyone had heard of or had done this before? I am fairly sure that it will take both Mac OS's but I am just not sure of where to get the drivers or whether there is a special way to go about the install rather than just popping in the install DVD.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

2. simsaladimbamba

3. MeanAndy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply.

And thanks for those links, had't heard of the OSx86 one before. Will take a look and if I have any progress I'll post back here for others.

Cheer,

Andy

P.s. - Love your sig ;)

4. simsaladimbamba

Hmm, stop kissassing or what ever it is called. Or not sure if serious. Or just good luck with finding a solution, I guess it will not be that easy as building a Hackintosh yourself. Or thanks, you are the first. :)

5. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

OpenDNS is giving me a phising warning on the fifth (monash...spidap) link in your sig. It's probably some sort of false alarm but the link doesn't work for me unless I override the warning...

Attached Files:

6. simsaladimbamba

Hmm, I do not use OpenDNA, ahem, OpenDNS, and I just tested that side in Safari and Opera and I did not get any warning (Safari and its Google warnings for example). Firefox however does not even load the page and times out after a while.