Converting a Sony Vaio VGN-N31S to the Mac way of life

MeanAndy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
Hi all,

Wasn't sure where this would be suited, had a look through the forums and found nothing useful, so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I have an old Sony Vaio VGN-N31S that I would like to install either Tiger or Snow Leopard on. It currently has W7 on it and just about manages. I would just rather have a Mac OS so to better integrate with my iMac.

I was just wondering if anyone had heard of or had done this before? I am fairly sure that it will take both Mac OS's but I am just not sure of where to get the drivers or whether there is a special way to go about the install rather than just popping in the install DVD.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

MeanAndy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply.

And thanks for those links, had't heard of the OSx86 one before. Will take a look and if I have any progress I'll post back here for others.

Cheer,

Andy

P.s. - Love your sig ;)

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Hmm, stop kissassing or what ever it is called. Or not sure if serious. Or just good luck with finding a solution, I guess it will not be that easy as building a Hackintosh yourself. Or thanks, you are the first. :)
OpenDNS is giving me a phising warning on the fifth (monash...spidap) link in your sig. It's probably some sort of false alarm but the link doesn't work for me unless I override the warning...

Attachments

Nov 28, 2010
located
OpenDNS is giving me a phising warning on the fifth (monash...spidap) link in your sig. It's probably some sort of false alarm but the link doesn't work for me unless I override the warning...
Hmm, I do not use OpenDNA, ahem, OpenDNS, and I just tested that side in Safari and Opera and I did not get any warning (Safari and its Google warnings for example). Firefox however does not even load the page and times out after a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.