Convince me not to jump ship, from SS iPhone to SS Evo4G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XciteMe, Jun 3, 2010.

1. XciteMe macrumors 6502

Please convince me to stay with AT&T, and give the 4th Gen iPhone a chance before I eat my ETF and pick up a Evo4G.

I'm reallllly debating it right now.

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

No thanks ... jump ship, and we'll see you back in a few weeks/months.

3. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Read through one of the many other evo threads on here.

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Why should we convince you to go with one phone over another?

In my opinion I think it's pretty silly to switch from one phone to another, especially when your current phone is working just fine. There's very little incentive from a logical standpoint for most people to even upgrade from a first generation iPhone to the new one, but people still do.

I guess I just don't understand people. :D

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

6. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Go for it. Makes the lines that much shorter come launch.

7. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

if you need convincing then you already made up your mind.....just go to sprint, good luck with that though...... you will be back

8. phrint macrumors 6502

Honestly, the Nexus One is more compelling than the EVO for me. Do yourself a favor and at least wait until the 4th-gen iPhone is announced before you make your decision. You could take Sprint up on their 30-day free trial and have both to play with.

9. kryten3000 macrumors regular

kryten3000

You have not seen the iPhone yet. Wait until the WWDC, your eyes will convince you.

10. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

This.

11. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

Leave. And when you realize the battery life is unmanageable don't bother coming back, we won't accept you anymore!
    :rolleyes:

12. Clipse79 macrumors regular

Get the EVO and do not look back. Honestly what is the new iphone going to have that makes it so amazing? Apple has done minimal changes to the phone since its release. I`m sticking around here until the 4g drops and see what it is all about. If there is nothing big and when I mean big I mean earth shattering change, then i`m going to Android. I`m not trying to knock the iphone but it is getting boring. I want something different, something you can tweak and play with and customize without jailbraking. Oh no the apps market is smaller, who cares, I use like 20 apps. The EVO is jaw dropping sexy. I may change my mind in less than a week but we will see. Until then hang tight....

13. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Leave but do not come back and make a thread about you hating on the Evo and coming back to AT&T.

14. ChristophK macrumors newbie

I have heard good things and bad things about EV0 4G. But, if you think it's good to go, then go. Don't let us make up your mind for you. But, like a poster said before, you will be back.

15. tuan time macrumors member

leave and sticky this thread so there won't be another 6+ threads just like this.

16. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Read the link in my sig.

17. aristobrat macrumors G4

If you're doing to do it, at least pretend to be smart about it.

Have Sprint issue you a new phone number.
    Setup call forwarding so calls to your AT&T number go to your Sprint number.

Use the Sprint phone for up to 30 days. This also gives you time to see what Apple announces with the iPhone 4G. Then you pay the ETF.

But really, to port away from AT&T four days before the next iPhone is to be announced... ?!?!?!

If you decide to stick with Sprint/EVO (after the trial period), they can port your AT&T number over.

18. Clipse79 macrumors regular

There is no doubt Android is not on all levels with the iphone, and if someone goes into Android thinking it will be all smooth they better stay on the iphone.

Iphone is polished but no one can fool themselves to think that the iphone is the be all and end all to the phone world. There are phones out there catching up and surpassing what the iphone is doing. I mean honestly what is going to come out at WWDC that is going to be so new for the iphone? A front facing camera??? Ohhhh I need 10 right now....It is still the same interface, some new tweaks but same basics as the last two versions.

Join the Android revolution before everyone and their dog has one just like the iphone now....

Oh and like the above poster. I have loved my iphone for 2 years, and still think it is cool, but there are somethings I want to do and enjoy with a different phone. I also like being unique =)

19. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Great hardware, but the battery life is lawls. Have fun.

20. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Youre on a MAC forum asking if you should switch to a NON MAC device?

You crazy!

21. jp70 macrumors member

22. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

How about the wonderful AT&T CEO. That's reason enough for me to jump ship.

23. Encanto macrumors regular

I m sorry but I don't understand why people wants to be convence what they should buy. I mean just get what yiu feel like buying. Your money ;)