convince me to keep my ipad 2 and not jump ship to Galaxy tab 10.1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by skoo9382, Sep 14, 2011.

1. skoo9382 macrumors newbie

i just received my white 16 gb wifi only ipad2 for my birthday and i'm loving it so far. I have an iPod Touch 3rd gen, and i have an Android Phone. my Touch is jailbroken but unfortunately the ipad i received came with 4.3.5. :mad:

I like the customization factor of the android system. I did a lot of research before i purchased the ipad 2 over the galaxy tab, but i'd like to hear from people on here who have had there ipad for a while now, or maybe even people who have owned both, why i should just stick to the ipad 2 instead of going over to the dark side.

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

get the galaxy tab if you want. there's nothing dark about it. it depends on your needs. personally, the ipad is performing beautifully for me, and i don't see any point right now in getting another tablet.

3. dulaney22 macrumors regular

I owned the Tab and now the iPad 2. The screen on the Tab is brighter, more colorful and a better resolution. It will also show what folks call Newton Rings when ambiant temperatures rise. Living in the South during summer, I was not happy that my screen had what looked like an oil/gas mixture underneath when not inside in air conditioning. I also got tired of random fc's.

The Tab is nice, but it just doesn't compete with the overall flow and polish of the iPad 2. All that tinkering with customization sounds nice until you find yourself spending all your time with that and not using it as intended.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

That's for you to sort out on your own. People can tell you what they prefer based on their own reasons but you need to make your decision based on your reasons (preferences, budget, needs, etc). Doesn't really matter what the topic is... If you want some useful input then provide more details on what you're specifically looking for. Selecting a solution isn't a one-size-fits-all thing like many forum users seem to assume.

5. camarobh macrumors 6502

Make up your own mind. These "convince me...." posts are useless.

6. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

If this is more important to you than a better tablet experience, then get a Galaxy Tab. I think it's as simple as that.

7. taipan61 macrumors 6502

if you need us to convince you then you've already convinced yourself that you want the galaxy tab...whatever we say doesn't matter, nor should it, one of the real joys of life is to make your own decisions, not to be one of the lemmings headed over the cliff.

these kinds of post are just used to stir up the mud and to get people to argue, pointless on both counts

8. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Sell your iPad and get the Galaxy Tab because it's harder, better, faster, and stronger.

9. Skika macrumors 68030

10. xraytech macrumors 68030

11. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

i think you should jump ship.
    nothing can replace your own experience. maybe you'll love it.

12. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

You did a lot of research before you bought the iPad over the galaxy, but you said it was a present. If you did a lot of research then you know the iPad is better.

Keep the iPad, you will be much happier in the end.

Why drive an effing Kia when you already have a BMW!

13. skoo9382 thread starter macrumors newbie

in no way did i post this thread to start an argument at all. I understand that my own experience will be different than any other person's experience, i just wanted to get some feedback from people that's all. i apologize if this thread started or would have started something unnecessary.

thanks dulaney22 for your response. that's the sort of replies i was seeking.

14. volcom883 macrumors regular

volcom883

just tried my mate's samsung 10.1 pad, only played around for 5 minutes i can tell you that the touch screen on the ipad 2 is more responsive, zooming into web pages on ipad is better too.

though im sure in a few years android will beat the ios thanks to its freedom

15. coldmack macrumors 6502

Good reason why not to jump ship is the Sony S1 tablet, which cnet said was better than the Galaxy Tab 10, while costing about the same and offering more features built in(like Playstation suite of games, and built in universal remote). That and the fact that Quad core ARM cpus are around the corner that should handily beat Tegra 2, and Samsungs own dual core cpu used in the variety of Galaxy Tabs and phones.

16. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

The tab is lighter and the screen is better than the iPad. But the OS is so clunky. And yeah, the screen is not as responsive as the iPad. It wasn't as fluid a user experience when I was using the tab. If you want Android though, go for it.

17. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

18. Qoo macrumors 6502

19. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

If you haven't made up your mind yet, you might want to check out the new Sony Tablet S. Mine just arrived, and it has a 9.4" screen, a wedge body with a tactile back, a slew of included media apps along with generally great media support. The TruBlack screen is gorgeous and has great viewing angle range. So far much easier to hang on to than my iPad2 with neither in a case. I also have the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 WiFi, and although it is thinner and lighter than my ipad2, that doesn't make it easier to hang on to. In the middle of writing my review of the Sony. You might want to check my blog tommorrow.

20. TheUndertow macrumors 6502

I'd stick with the iPad - I find leveraging my iTunes library across all of my iOS devices trumps whatever kicks I'd get at choosing how many icons are on the screen for example.

For me and for what's important to me (wealth of content, performance...etc) the iPad/iOS has been amazing really. I was a life long PC (Dell and then Asus) user up until the iPad launch and subsequently.

21. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

This.

Get what you want, who cares what others think. If you like iOS keep the iPad if you like Android get the Tab.

22. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

23. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

If i was u i d sell it and buy a fridge :)
    And then i would start a thread with
    Convince me not so sell my fridge ,,, !!!