Cool. Apple Stores may not have the iPad. What about places like..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Johnny Steps, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Best Buy? Target? Aafes?

I bought my iPad 2 at Best Buy maybe.. a day after it came out? Or was it the same day >_> I forgot.

So yeah, what are the chances of me finding one in those stores?

2. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502a

IIRC, Radio Shack had a lot of iPhone 4s's when they first came out. People often don't think of that when they are buying their apple products. They are also taking per-orders so I would assume they have some stock on Friday.

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

It's hard to tell since no two releases are the same.

I bought my iPad 2 at 4 p.m. or whenever it was they launched last year. Got to Target about 20 minutes before 4 p.m. There were three people ahead of me. I was the first person to actually buy one because they only had the 64GB version. If there is a God, that was his way of saying "get the extra storage, man!" I was planning on 32GB, but I'm glad I got the 64GB.

I'm probably going to call the Target near where I live and where I work to find out what time they're supposed to start selling them Friday. I expect places like Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. will be better shots than all of the Apple Stores.

If I have to wait, I'll wait. I have an iPad 2 until then. It didn't all of a sudden become a piece of crap.

4. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Yeah that's how I feel as well. Like I really want to hope I get it at Best Buy though since I can use my credit card. It's not that I don't have money, it's just I don't want to spend all the money for the 32GB 3G version at once.

BTW. I have AT&T, but I don't think my area has LTE. I know Verizon does. Should I get the Verizon version then?

5. bjmach macrumors 6502

Good luck finding it at AAfes but it is tax free. Wish my Aafes store wouldhave them release day but i'm getting it delivered March 16 so had to pay the tax

6. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Yeah... I doubt my PX will have it release day. Probably a week after ha ha.

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I'm buying it at Target because that's where I have some "money" available, but more importantly I get 5 percent off for using my RedCard. I pity the fool who doesn't get 5 percent off a $700 iPad!

8. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Best Buy is a huge supplier. I bet they will have a lot in stock.

9. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Hopefully! :D

10. falcora macrumors 6502

Wait, are you saying that Apple stores might not have the iPad? Why wouldn't they have them? Wouldn't Apple give priority to its own stores over target and best buy?

11. Larrupin macrumors member

Larrupin

Target.com said they would have them in store on March 16th when I searched for iPad on their site.

12. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

I checked Walmart and there is no indication on their website as of yesterday. Target says they will have it. Best Buy did not indicate whether they would have it on launch, but one has to assume they will. It would be a smack on Best Buy's face if they were excluded.

Hey, Aafes should have it for members of our nation's military. Although, Apple may disagree! Radio Shack accepted pre-orders, but I am not sure if they will have allocation on hand. Also, people should check Costco! Hope this rambling has some meaning! :D

13. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

If you're going to buy at Best Buy (I bought 2 last year there on launch day), make sure to get a "Reward Zone" card. With the price of 64gb 4G iPads, you'll get a nice little kick back for maybe some accessories a month or so later. :)

That being said, I was happy Apple offered a preorder this year - it's much easier to know it's 100% delivering and I just need to work from home that day instead of standing in line for 4 hours.

14. kidnice15 macrumors member

Hopefully!! I have a 100$ gift card that I plan on using on Friday!

15. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I went to target last year - 20-25 people in line, they got in five white 32GB wifis, that's it. After telling me the day before that they should be getting in at least one of each model! And those didn't arrive til just after 5pm, so it was too late for any of us to go anywhere else.

If I were getting one at launch this year I'd just preorder.

16. jreuschl macrumors 6502

I certainly would have considered getting it at Target with my 5% off Red Card, however, for the iPad 2, Target store A had this model, B, that model, C other model.. You really didn't get to choose.

17. BillGates69 macrumors newbie

18. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

oooh that would be sweet !