Cool feature: Spaces + Exposé

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iVoid, Oct 29, 2007.

1. iVoid macrumors 65816

Just found this little feature:

I have Spaces set to display my 8 spaces with my 3rd trackball button and exposé set to show all windows when I move to the upper-right corner.

So I display Spaces with my third button, then move the mouse to the upper-right hand corner... and...

All the little windows in all the little spaces move to be visible in their own little spaces.

And... you can click on one of the little windows to switch to that space with that window in front! :)

This pretty much makes up for me having to give up my third button=expose all windows. Best of both worlds, I think.

2. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

That's pretty cool that Expose works across all the spaces, I didn't know that.

I didn't expect Spaces to be that great for me, but it's the most noticeable Leopard feature for me right now (that and Quick Preview is awesome.)

It makes working on my MacBook so much better. I'm starting to learn and mess with CSS, so I have a single space for editing/previewing CSS files, another space for the PDF tutorials, and another space for general stuff- Safari, email, etc. It's so much better than just using Expose to work between all the different windows (and Expose is already awesome in its own right.)

I know I could've used 3rd party software, but just never dawned on me how useful it would be. Plus I figure being integrated into the OS is probably a smoother experience.