Cop Shoots and Kills Little Girl’s Pony was not wearing a hoody

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Mar 6, 2015.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

our cops here in Oregon don't usually shoot unarmed people so I guess they will shoot an unarmed horse.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/03/cop-shoots-and-kills-little-girls-pony/
    An Oregon family is demanding answers after a Sheriff’s deputy shot and killed their pony. The family says they had no idea the officer was going to shoot the family pet, and it all happened without their knowing and for no good reason whatsoever.

Crista Fitzgerald of Clackamas County explained that the 30-year-old American Miniature Horse, named Gir, had no problems aside from being old. But when he escaped from his stall in a Molalla barn overnight on February 18th, an officer shot and killed him.

“I locked his stall door, and I always do a double check. The next morning I came back out before I had class in the morning, which is around 10, and he was gone,” Crista explained.

She said that Gir didn’t get very far from the barn before being shot.

“We started knocking door-to-door. And the first house we came to he was laying in their yard,” she recounted.

At first the family thought that Gir was taking a nap. But as they got closer to him, they saw that he had been shot multiple times.

2. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

Ya little old pony. Poor girl hard to tell her I cop shot your horse then lied about it.

3. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

4. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Let me guess.. Mr. Ed was gaiting while black and packing heat with no CCW permit. :rolleyes:

Seriously, this is truly sad, and a well-deserved lawsuit is warranted. But telling their children how they can't see the pony anymore.. that's what will hurt the most.

BL.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

7. FieldingMellish Suspended

The kids can see the pet horse all they want if the parents hire a good taxidermist.

8. Meister Suspended

Meister

Pig shoots horse. Welcome to the United States of Animal Farm.

I noticed a lot of stories where pigs shoot pets lately. Seems like they don't like the competition.

They also don't seem to like fat, black people, old people, homeless people, brown people taking a walk or children handling toy guns.

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

All of these good guys with guns, what would we do without them.

10. stroked Suspended

stroked

You forgot to mention thugs that attack them.

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

But they just want the juicy bacon.

12. Meister Suspended

Meister

I don't think they were invited to the barbecue.

13. Happybunny macrumors 68000

And the police wonder why, they are losing the respect of the public.:(

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

"Pig" is a gross and unacceptable term.

I hope you'll consider not using it.

15. pdjudd macrumors 601

It’s also like any other similar term to describe people in a diminutive way, a totally harmful term to describe people that who do not engage in terrible behavior like that. When people start throwing those terms around all cops (or whatever group the term gets applied to) starts worrying who is really on their side or if people are just going to lash out at them.

I hope that in this instance, the police take swift action so that the population doesn’t think that their force is made up of people who kill animals that are of no threat to anyone. The police are supposed to be our allies, not the bullies and I fervently believe that most cops out there are just that.

16. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

Especially horses for the most part about as safe a animal when nothing frightened.

17. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Scotland, as always, has something perfect for the occasion.

[​IMG]

18. FieldingMellish Suspended

1969 movie: They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

Totally serious. Look it up.

19. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

The policeman thought the pony was pointing a weapon on him or is rapid. :rolleyes:;)

20. Meister Suspended

Meister

Do you know the meaning of the word naive?

You also have to blame the idiot who called the pigs because a pony is sitting in his backyard.

21. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It can't have been the first time. Assuming some minimum level of competence, the person who took the call should have referred it to whatever local animal control rather than a police deputy. Even if the guy wasn't a bonehead, it's unlikely that he would know how to safely capture the animal. If the neighbor called the cops, they may not have known who owned it. They still called the wrong people, but the cops should have forwarded this one.

22. jnpy!$4g3cwk, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015

jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Curiously, I have seen a situation where a couple of known very dangerous dogs got loose, and, the police were called. The police actually tried to capture the dogs. When they failed, they called animal control, just as you say, which captured them.

In this case, should the caller have expected the police to shoot something whenever they are called? If so, that is a pretty sorry state of affairs, isn't it? In the past, it was not that way.

23. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

The horse was trespassing, it ignored legal orders from the police to raise its hooves above its head and resisted arrest.

This is clearly justifiable.