Cop takes excpetion to blatant anti cop school project

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by XrayTed, Feb 26, 2016.

1. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

And to have his daughter exposed to this Black Lies Matter garbage, how tacky. Easy to imagine that the school wouldn't be so concerned with First Amendment rights if the picture was blacks killing each other in drivebys in the ghetto, selling crack on a street corner or robbing a party store.
    No mention of the grade level or race, I am guessing the budding Picaso and the teacher are both black.

``````````````````````

Outraged Cop Complains After Seeing This Painting At His Daughter’s School

A police officer father in the United States has taken to social media to complain about a piece of artwork displayed at his daughter’s school.

Kentucky cop Dave Hamblin is outraged by the painting which depicts two black people with a gun pointed at their head.

On one half of the painting, under the title “1930″, a Ku Klux Klan member is pointing the gun.

On the other half, titled “2015″, a white police officer is shown pointing the gun at what looks like a African American child.

The painting was from a school project inspired by racial violence depicted in Harper Lee’s book, To Kill A Mockingbird.

Police officer Dave Hamblin, who goes by the name Dave Kingmen on Facebook, says the picture is upsetting and creates “future cop haters”.

“We speak of tolerance, we speak of changing hostile environments, we speak of prejudice, and we speak of racial relations, yet, when it comes to hostility toward police, their families, and profiling them through bigotry we are expected to tolerate it,” “Kingmen” wrote.. “I will not, nor will my child.”

The cop has asked for the picture to be removed but the school has seemingly turned down his request.

“When discussing social injustice, people will likely be offended by some topic,” said Tracy Green, a school spokesperson.

“The drawing is a student’s artistic representation based on the lens through which the student viewed that issue and the student has a First Amendment right to share that opinion.”

[​IMG]

http://news.yahoo.com/outraged-cop-complains-after-seeing-this-painting-154237383.html

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

Racial arsonists creating and furthering lies. We've been seeing it at the college level. And now we're seeing it earlier. It's all Commie led to break down America.

3. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

4. dec. Suspended

dec.

5. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

Oh I missed an S, my bad thanks for the correction - And you are right, certainly not one. If anything, probably looks a little better

[​IMG]

6. dec. Suspended

dec.

7. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Another thread on how bad black people are can't imagine how much hate is involved.

8. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

what happened to the gun shaped cookie policy?

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Free speech. Cop is missing out on the opportunity to prove them wrong
    --- Post Merged, Feb 26, 2016 ---
    Double standards for sure

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Don't really see an issue. It's free speech.

The American police need to kill less.

11. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Free speech. And art.

I don't agree that all of these high profile black teen police shootings were necessarily "unjustified" as organizations such BLM like to declare them to be (especially moments after they occur before any solid evidence is released)... But you can't stop people from voicing their opinion.

It would be the same thing as using these frequent and numerous condescending threads towards blacks by the same person as evidence of a hate crime taking place.

12. XrayTed, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016

XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

I never said specifically that the "artist" was black, because I don't know. The cop may be black too as far as we know.
    You don't know either, yet you guessed the same thing as I did. Who's guilty of stereotyping [and hypocrisy] now hmmm ?

As far as "free speech" in schools, which some of you think is an inalienable right, I'm here to tell you, that is far from the case.
    If a white kid came to school with a Rebel flag plastered on his shirt [Or even "I Love Jesus"], he would be sent home and probably expelled from school. So much for "free speech".
    But [what I assume to be] a black kid can draw a Rebel flag as part of some anti law enforcement propaganda project, and that is perfectly fine. We are back to "free speech" again, as if by magic !

I might add ,,, The drawing appears to depict a kneeling Travon Martin, complete with infamous hoody and bag of skittles, about to be executed by a white cop.
    When in fact, of course, he was killed not by a white cop but rather in self defense by a half latino neighborhood watchman.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If someone was expelled for "I love Jesus" or a confederate flag on his t shirt that would be ridiculous.

14. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

Virginia high school students suspended for wearing Confederate flag apparel

A peaceful student demonstration at a Virginia high school ended with school administrators suspending 23 teens for wearing clothing emblazoned with the Confederate battle flag, which violates the school’s dress code, according to school officials, students and parents.

The students, who attend Christiansburg High School in southwestern Virginia, said they wore the controversial Confederate symbols to protest a school policy that prohibits them, which they view as a violation of their free speech. Students are barred from wearing any clothing that could “reflect adversely on persons due to race” and specifies that “clothing with Confederate flag symbols” falls in that category.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...spended-for-wearing-confederate-flag-apparel/

15. FieldingMellish, Feb 27, 2016

FieldingMellish Suspended

It's the current leftist and Commie Twilight Zone of "who gets to call the other's speech hate and who gets to hide theirs behind art." Coupled with "say a lie enough times and spread the word and the lie becomes common known fact in due time." Brought to you by the group that posits a person is the gender they say they are (Jenner), a person swaps race because they feel it (Dolenzal), and who creates racial incidents out of thin air, then brings attention to it to stoke racial outrage (Mizzou and others).

http://www.dailywire.com/news/1044/top-10-false-claims-racism-campus-aaron-bandler

And now, a public school.

Who is it that said manufacturing has left America?

There are more false racial incidents being manufactured under the present administration than any other, with incidents increasing in severity and frequency at the twilight (zone) of the present administration.

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, I see from this and other threads that the right is composing a new narrative in which everything is hunky-dory, the races all get along, and if it appears they aren't, it's either the fault of Obama or an illusion created by the mainstream media.

And here I thought we had real problems. ;)

I'm sorry, but if the cops want to improve their image among all races, they'd do better to weed out the Rambo/racist cops among them, instead of taking umbrage at the fact that they've been found out.

It's amazing that people find it so easy to believe that some priests molest kids. But suggest that some cops are racists and/or Rambo types? HERESY!!! All cops are pure of heart, and if African-Americans get stopped for "driving while black", well...they must've done something.

17. FieldingMellish Suspended

Police have killed more whites than blacks.

Bam! Your narrative is toast. See 'ya.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...e-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/?page=all

But back on topic with the public school.

These are the same public schools that 8 years ago stripped it of The Pledge of Allegiance and replaced it with the Pledge to Obama. Can we say, “shades of Dear Leader?”

Like this one in 2009:

More teachings of Praise Obama here:

http://thetruthwins.com/archives/6-videos-of-school-children-singing-songs-that-praise-barack-obama

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    You're all an easily frightened, histrionic bunch, aren't you?

19. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

To use your own vernacular: Maybe if we stopped offshoring jobs to "Commie" countries and provide something called "incentive", like valuing the labor and laborer (pro-life concepts) there'd be work for people to do so they can sustain themselves instead of trying to rob stores and act in a a way that compels the police officer to shoot. If the officer shoots 6 times in the same area, or many, then there becomes a legitimate issue of brutality on top of everything else.

Shooting someone just because of skin color is heinous. Usually there's an action or sufficient perceived threat involved, and the police have to make a hard choice because they can't ask the person in front of them if they're going to draw and shoot without warning.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 27, 2016 ---
    OMG. Having to give praise without representation! Oh noez, we're d0000med!

It's like that other indoctrination thingie, let me find the words:

“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”

Remove the words "Under God" if you want to restore the pre-1954 version of the script.

20. sim667 macrumors 65816

I fact it was on the news yesterday how American police are in the UK learning how to take people down without killing them in the process.

21. A.Goldberg, Feb 27, 2016

A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

It doesn't matter what race the artist is its a depicting and white vs black problem that you don't happen to believe exists and that's what you're annoyed with here. Your entire first post alludes how whites are being demonized and the "actual nature" of Blacks as crack dealers and robbers goes unnoticed... Don't try and pull this nonsense when you post your own commentary. :rolleyes:

(Edit: the cop, Dave Hamblin, is white fyi)

I think you very well know the difference between free speech and being inflammatory--- Context is everything. A politically charged painting on a wall is different than wearing around a shirt.

Whether you agree with it or not, society has been widely deemed the Confederate Flag to be a racist symbol. What would you do if a group of kids walked in with swastikas on their shirts?

Maybe the artwork is incorporating aspects of multiple shootings into one painting. It is afterall art.

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Put away the toaster.

This Politifact conclusion was referenced in your link, but the guy in the article fudges it by somehow factoring in the "homicide rate" and "violent crime".

Assuming this has anything to do with pictures of cops killing blacks...yeah, this is wrong. And I'm mystified as to how this is supposed to make police racism right.

Not to mention this is old, old news which isn't exactly going on anymore. I think even Politifact would rate this:

[​IMG]

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    It's not really wrong, it's a damn song about our first black president, which is a notable achievement. They're not replacing the pledge of allegiance for the Obama Song. Hell, it was probably just a skit for some school play that ended up getting picked up by some wingnut, and spread across the blogosphere (I can't believe I used that word, look at what I've been reduced to) to serve as rage bait for the far right.

24. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Yeah, those police officers, total snowflakes ill-equipped to discuss uncomfortable issues in the real world. Somebody must have wrapped them in too much cotton while they were growing up. Like the Millennials ... :rolleyes:

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

There is also more of an issue with clothes than an art project.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 27, 2016 ---
    American police need safe spaces.