Copied Music to my mac pro but doesnt show in itunes.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by barnetda, Jul 27, 2009.

1. barnetda macrumors regular

I have just copied all of my itunes music from my MBP to my mac pro.

I can see the music files on my mac pro but itunes isnt showing them in my library.

I copied the whole itunes folder from my MBP and downloaded it to my partitioned hard drive.

THe partitioned hard drive part is called "other" .I made a folder on "other titled Data and then a sub folder titled Music. I can see all of my music there.

So in Itunes i opened up via preferences went to advanced and changed the Itunes music folder location to

Other: Data:Music:Itunes:Itunes Music

Nothing is showing in my itunes libary.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Right now that you did all that you need to go to File > Add to Library (command+o). It will add all of your music and continue to keep that link between iTunes and that drive.

3. barnetda thread starter macrumors regular

Jessica

that was it. Ive been baffled for an hour and you sorted it in a minute. I owe you !!:)

A quick question for you i have 60gb of music on my XP machine. I would like to transfer that to my Mac Pro. Can you easily tell me how to do that or is it complex?

David

4. barnetda thread starter macrumors regular

Dont worry about the Xp question. I have loaded each song on my network and just transferred each one onto my MP.

Thanks again