Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Sister is in hospital at mo. Is there a way to use my SanDisk iXpand lightning USB memory stick to put some movies that I have in mp4 format onto her iPad for her.

I cant take her iPad away at mo to my house, the WiFi is rubbish in hospital.

I'm not sure what apps she has installed, I maybe could get the Sandisk iXpand installed via personal hotspot, but that's only to read the files when it's plugged in.

It's the copying of the files to the actual iPad that's the problem.

Any solutions, or would I need her iPad to get certain apps installed?

Thanks

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Her iPad would access the movie file in that stick the same way your iOS device would. What do you to copy a file from the stick to your iOS device right now?
Maybe the Files app or the Documents by Readdle app support the stick - worth a try.

What does “at mo” mean if you don’t mind me asking.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Her iPad would access the movie file in that stick the same way your iOS device would. What do you to copy a file from the stick to your iOS device right now?
Maybe the Files app or the Documents by Readdle app support the stick - worth a try.

What does “at mo” mean if you don’t mind me asking.

I don't copy movies to mine, I just use the iXpand myself.

"At moment"

Powermax

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2006
Install VLC on both devices.
Use iTunes to copy the movies to your phone into the VLC app. Then you can airdrop the files from the files app to her iPad into her VLC folder.

Reactions: ericwn

iRaynor SK

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2014
Banská Bystrica, Slovak Republic
MP4 is native supported in iOS. Try to transfer movies from your iOS device to her iPad via AirDrop. Movies should appear in Photos app - as videos, MP4 is native supported as I said.

Hint: AirDrop uses iPad’s wi-fi chip, it does not rely on wi-fi router or other similar device.

Reactions: ericwn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.