Copying CDs when using one drive?

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
I'm used to having two drives when copying a disc. Now that I only have a laptop and I want to copy a disc...I don't know what to do. I am using Roxio's Toast 5 Titinaium. How do I do this? If I can't do this with toast, what application should I use?

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
I only know how to do it in Disk Copy:

File -> New -> Image From Device (choose the CD-ROM)

Then, when that's done, insert a blank CD and burn the .dmg you've just made:

File -> Burn Image

Comment

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
Originally posted by alex_ant
I only know how to do it in Disk Copy:

File -> New -> Image From Device (choose the CD-ROM)

Then, when that's done, insert a blank CD and burn the .dmg you've just made:

File -> Burn Image
Is this the same on Easy CD Creator 5 on a PC? Sounds really damn easy.

Comment

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
You can use Toast just fine. Just insert the disk you want to copy, select Copy, and press Record. This will make a temporary copy of the CD to a cache in your hard drive. Wait for it to finish. After that is done it will eject the CD ask you to insert a blank CD. Insert the blank CD. Now wait a while again. Then it will ask you to verify or eject disc... just press eject, no need to verify.

irmongoose

Comment

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
Originally posted by irmongoose
You can use Toast just fine. Just insert the disk you want to copy, select Copy, and press Record. This will make a temporary copy of the CD to a cache in your hard drive. Wait for it to finish. After that is done it will eject the CD ask you to insert a blank CD. Insert the blank CD. Now wait a while again. Then it will ask you to verify or eject disc... just press eject, no need to verify.

irmongoose
even better.

Comment

gerror

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2001
Netherlands
It took some time to figure this out myself. When I sold my iMac 400 dv to buy a flatpanel, I kept my external cd writer. But now I don't use it anymore. Bummer.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.