Copying clips from a dvd to IMovie or IDVD

ChicagoMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2002
Battle Creek, MI
Could anybody tell me if this is possible? I've tried to copy clips from a dvd into both IMovie and IDVD with no success. Will this work or do I need different software? I have permission to do this but have not been able to get it to work. The dvd itself plays just fine on my 17"Imac.

Please help!

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
look for an application on the web called "OSex".

that will extract the track.

then you need 2 other apps to convert the extracted track to quicktime and aiff....

pm me your email address and i can send you the 3 tools... it's about a meg for all 3 apps... but i don't know where else to find them....

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
DVD's are made up of VOB files which actually contain the video and a few other files that put them all in order etc.
I would think that to import a section of a DVD into iMovie you would first need to somehow rip the DVD into a mpeg or mov.

BenderBot1138

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2002
Didn't your mother ever tell you...

Yea, there's more info there than just the surface data. Don't reck your DVD drive ripping info.

:cool:

ChicagoMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2002
Battle Creek, MI
Re: Didn't your mother ever tell you...

Originally posted by BenderBot1138
Yea, there's more info there than just the surface data. Don't reck your DVD drive ripping info.

:cool:
How could ripping info wreck my DVD drive?

TyleRomeo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2002
New York
does anyone know how to have a .mov file over 60 mins work in iDVD2? I have a 100 min video id like to import that i have compressed to under 4GB.

tyler