Copying one of my own DVD's several times.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Frohike, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Frohike macrumors regular

Hey there I'm in the proccess of making and selling a dvd of footage i took of a local theatre recent musical production, having edited all the footage together and creating a DVD i am looking to simply be able to copy the dvd several times without having to go through the process of creating the menu etc, i have two DVD drives and i just can't find a function in iDvD or elswhere which simply enables me to copy a DVD from one disk to another.

A little help would be greatly appreciated.

Frohike

2. gameguy3001 macrumors member

You can follow this article in-order to do it with disk utility. You just wont need to do step 4.

Hope that helps :)

3. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I know this works for DATA DVDs.

But does this work for VIDEO DVDs?

For VIDEO DVDs, I use MacTheRipper to copy the Video and Audio TS files to the HD. Then use Toast to create a DVD.

4. gameguy3001 macrumors member

I works fine for video DVDs as long as they arnt encrypted. Since the DVD they are trying to copy is home made, it should be fine.

5. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Cool. Nice to know. Thanks! :)

6. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

The easiest thing to do is to open the completed project in iDVD, then rather than burn a copy, burn a disk image. With the disk image on your computer, whenever you want a copy of it, open up Disk Utility, drag the image to the sources list on the left (if it isn't already there--usually iDVD puts it there for you), and burn as many copies as you want.