copying single photos/videos from iPhone4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vjaaan, Jan 1, 2012.

1. vjaaan macrumors 6502

I am currently importing all photos and videos from my iPhone4S into iPhoto on my Macbook Pro. But I would also like to copy most of them to my external hard drive.
    Using USB plug, can I isolate groups of photos and videos and save them to a directory of my choice on the computer, so I can later copy them to the external HD? Would Finder show them on the phone and allow me to take what I want?
    Then, in a related question, can I choose a group of photos or videos to delete from the phone? Or, can I use finder to delete big groups of photos from the phone? If not, how do I clear all the photos from the phone and start over?
    iCloud is saying my storage is full (because of all these photos and videos) so I want to clear the all out of iCloud and store them elsewhere. How do I do this? And can I choose to save certain photos in iCloud after the others are gone?
    Thanks!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I believe you can use Image Capture on your Mac (should be there, use Spotlight)

But I use an app called PhotoSync to accomplish my transfers

3. iHateMacs macrumors 6502a

iHateMacs

+1 for Image Capture. I have always used that for getting photos or videos off my iphone. It can be set to remove them from the phone once they are copied too which is handy.

4. vjaaan thread starter macrumors 6502

Ha. I did not even realize I had that Image Capture on my Mac. Looks like it will work fine.

Now is there a good way I can go back and delete chunks of photos and videos off my iPhone directly, after I am sure I have all my backups in place?

Thanks!

----------

Answered my own question. There was a way to select a group of photos on the phone using Image Capture and delete them later.

Handy tool! Thanks for suggesting it!

5. vjaaan thread starter macrumors 6502

So I am still left with the question of how to delete my photos and videos from iCloud, without deleting all my contacts.
    I don't see an option for choosing some things in iCloud to clear out. I only see the option for not saving future things into iCloud.

6. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

what about PC users? doesn't clicking My Computer to pull them up bring up te high resolution pics