Cords needed to connect to Monitor

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LaLLLy, Aug 31, 2010.

1. LaLLLy macrumors member

Hey guys. I just recently ordered a Viewsonic monitor for gaming and for use with my MacBook Pro. I got this one: http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktop-monitors/lcd/x-series/vx2260wm.htm

I was just wondering what type of cords I will need to connect my MacBook Pro to the monitor. Also if any of you guys play Xbox, if you guys could tell me what cords I will need for that too it would be great. Thanks.:)

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

we would need to know what year your MBP is, if its 2008 or later you will need a MiniDisplay Port to DVI converter and a DVI-DVI cable, if its from before 2008 a DVI-DVI cable should suffice.

3. LaLLLy thread starter macrumors member

Just got it about 6 months ago. Would I need a VGA cord for the xbox?

4. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

sorry, didn't see that the monitor had HDMI, was like wth tho :p
    anyway, i would recommend something like this http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB570Z/A and a DVI cable for the mac. and a HDMI cable for the xbox.

5. LaLLLy thread starter macrumors member

Wait, the monitor doesn't come with a DVI cable. Well I guess that sucks. :rolleyes:

6. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

greedy companies..

7. LaLLLy thread starter macrumors member

Are you sure it doesn't come with a DVI? Because I watched some unboxing videos, and like in this one it looks like it comes with a DVI... Sorry, I know I'm being annoying about it, but I don't want to buy a DVI cord then have the monitor come with one. :eek: