Corporate Iphone upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 116Rob, Sep 29, 2013.

1. 116Rob macrumors newbie

1st post so bear with me:)

I have a company issued AT&T 4s that was due for an upgrade back in May. All upgrade requests come via a company website program. Currently the only apple phone available is the 4s through the company website. There was no iphone option for over a year so they are very slow to offer new phones.

My regional manager has given me permission to upgrade to a 5s on my own if I can figure out a way to get it activated. I would pay for the phone myself and charge my branch via lunches using my company credit card until I recoup the money paid for the phone. He approves all my lunches etc via my company issued credit card.

How do I purchase a 5s and activate it to my current cell # when I do not know what the last 4 digits of SS# the company uses or zip code? We have many branches throughout the US.

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I'd say let your regional manager know the situation and see what he says. Not much you can do on your own without the required information.

3. fark macrumors regular

This is fraud, no matter who approves it.

Is an iPhone5s worth your, and your boss', career?

Very dumb idea.

4. 116Rob thread starter macrumors newbie

He's fully aware of the situation but has no way of getting me any info. He just said if I could make it happen go for it.

Looking for any and all options.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Buy the phone full price, take out the sim card from the 4S and cut it to fit the 5S or get it transfer to a nano sim at the store.

6. 116Rob thread starter macrumors newbie

This it would activate the phone to my existing number? What about purchasing a used 5s if one becomes available in the next month or so?

7. fark macrumors regular

I love how everyone else is ignoring the fraud and focusing on the technical problem.:rolleyes:

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

As long as it's not a CDMA network like Verizon then you just remove the SIM card and put it into whatever phone you want. There are different size aim cards so you might have to cut to adapt

9. 116Rob thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm on AT&T so I should not have an issue. I'll have to cut the SIM card moving from the 4s. I should be able to handle that.

10. Mrbobb macrumors 601

If he lets u buy phone at full price that would be easiest. Otherwise consult with ATT see if they accept other kind of identification in lieu of SSN for proof of ownership.

11. 116Rob thread starter macrumors newbie

I may split the price with him as prices are avg., $800 for a 5s 16g (eBay). I will check with ATT before I pull the trigger.

12. 116Rob thread starter macrumors newbie

New plan of attack! My 10yr old daughter currently has a hand me down Verizon iPhone 4S that is past it's contract.

So I went into Best Buy today reserved a new Verizon Iphone 5s 32g for $299. Within one hour I received an email from stating it was in and to schedule pick up prior to Thursday.

I've read numerous time that the Verizon phones now come unlocked. My plan is to install my ATT SIM card from my company phone in the 5s. What is the process for activation then making the switch to ATT? Best Buy states in there email they do the activation. I don't want my daughters phone to become deactivated if that possible.

13. 116Rob thread starter macrumors newbie

Any help would be appreciated:)

I don't want to screw this up:eek:

14. legioxi macrumors 6502a

You need to activate the verizon phone on your daughters line at the store. Then when you get home activate her old phone back on her line. You can do this on their website or by calling them.

Once done, the phone is free and clear. Swap your work sim into it.

15. 116Rob thread starter macrumors newbie

That seems simple enough. Thanks.