Corruption is Ended?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Desertrat, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Or is it?

http://www.bloggernews.net/119006

"While researching an article about Obama’s Chicago home about the circumstances surrounding who is the “owner”, I happened across a bit of information: Obama’s home has a Fannie Mae-Freddie Mac mortgage to the tune of $1,320,000. (Page 5 of Cook County Property Assessment Record)

The information comes from the Cook County Clerk’s office where the “owner” of the Obama home is listed as William Miceli, a former supervisor of Obama’s when he worked at the David Law Firm.

What’s unusual about the Obama mortgage is that the upper limits of a Fannie Mae loan on a single family dwelling as of January, 2008, is $417,000 while mortgages in “high cost” areas cannot exceed $729,750.

The Obama’s mortage, through Northern Trust Company, is in the amount of $1,320,000."

Well, there are advantages to being a political bigwig from Chicago...

'Rat

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Further proof that Obama is made of teflon. He's emerged from the cesspool of Illinois politics in relatively pristine condition. Even if there were direct proof of his wrong doing it would be disregarded.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

If there were direct proof, you can be sure someone would have published it.

4. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Perhaps I'm overly cynical, but I don't think you can get to the upper echelons of American politics without getting your hands a little dirty from time to time. What separates all the politicians at the top is the degree of corruption, and how well it's hidden.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The best politicians are the ones that can cover their tracks.

6. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

Your sole source (which you blatantly copied and pasted without the update which makes your entire story null and void):

:rolleyes:

7. Desertrat thread starter macrumors newbie

"Further research found that the Obama’s obtained a Land Trust Agreement with Northern Trust which means they did not receive a Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac loan over the Federal limit."

Yeah, right. "Hey, look, we found a way around it!" That crap is so old it has whiskers. Believable for those who just fell off the turnip truck, yesterday.

8. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

Wait, you ripped off an article from your source, but when the your source realizes they made a mistake you decide to give them flak for god knows what you're trying to say?

Seriously?

Should I be believing that said blogger had his door broken down and spoon-fed pro obama propaganda to the point where he recants his story, or that he made a mistake in his original research.

Decisions, Decisions.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Well it seems I'm able to cross off baseless assumptions on my scavenger hunt list.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wow- sorry 'rat, this kind of thing really should be beneath you. At least admit it was a mistake. Or are you also among those who think Obama was born in Kenya? The price of tin foil must be very low these days. Can't wait to see what they come up with next. Get ready kids. As I've said before, it's about to get really stupid.

11. Desertrat thread starter macrumors newbie

Ripped off? I posted a link and a small part of its contents. I didn't see any apology.

Drifting: I generally don't pay a lot of attention in the "guilt by association" game. In the higher echelons of politics, everybody knows everybody, honest or crooked alike. Unavoidable. That's just the way life is. The "however" for me is the history of Chicago's politics and Illinois in general. Worse than Louisiana for corruption, if such be possible. Sorry, but I just don't believe in honesty from any politician who survives in that machine atmosphere. They just don't get to the top solely via their own merits.

As far as Obama, you'll recall I never made any comment back during the campaign other than about his monetary/economic ideas, for all that I'd read and heard all the other negative stuff.

Ah, well. Off to Mexico for the day...

j'Rat

12. Marble macrumors 6502a

Marble

So I guess all this comes down to is "Obama is from Chicago."

Woo.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And obviously any politician from Chicago has to be completely corrupt. :rolleyes: Just wait- it's going to get even more stupid. Trust me. They'll do their best to find Obama's "BJ in the White House" moment.

Remember, Republicans cannot win on ideas, they can only win with character assassination and fear. There's going to be so much more of this nonsense, it'll make your head spin.

14. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Unlike Alaska, Texas... or Florida, for instance. This guilt by association is utter hogwash.

You may as well say his eyes are too close together. Come to think of it, maybe they are... be on your guard, all.

15. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I will just go with Obama is a filthy lieing scum back who is the lowest of the low known as a politician.

lets face it politician big time for the ones running for the US goverment care about one thing and one thing only and that is Power. THey do not care if they have to lie cheat or kill to get there.

At the end of the day obama is nothing more than a politician. Something that is a sub human.

Best part about my statement besides being true is it is my view of all our politicians and not just because I hate one part or the other.

16. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I can almost see the merit of your post, but, if change is to be made, would it not be easier from the top??

Let see where the chips fall on this one, shall we??

17. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

As Oscar Wilde said, "A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing." It's easy to hammer on politicians because like lawyers and used-car salesmen, they make it so easy sometimes, but ultimately, I find your attempt to dehumanize people destructive.

Politicians are like anyone else, the problem is we often focus on the Bill Clinton's and the Dick Cheney's and ignore the local alderman, mayors, and other representatives who actually govern this wild and wooly country. We should stop making excuses for people who fail in their duty because they're just doing what's in their nature, rather we should demand better.

Now, I'm going to sit quietly here for a moment with my little flag, because frankly I'm embarrassed you made me write this post.

18. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Generally the higher up you go the worse it gets.

The quote "The people most fit to lead do not want it. The people who want it are the most unfit to lead" that tends to describe out presidents and congress.

19. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Politicians lie to us because we require it of them, we require them to be more than human and insanely agreeable; we shouldn't be surprised that we often end up with liars and sycophants.

If we keep encouraging the fabulists and discouraging the sloppy, well-worn technocrats, we shouldn't be surprised when things go to hell.

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yes generally, but could we please not condemn a man before he has even gotten into office?

21. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

sorry not goign to happen. I saw him as an empty talking suit during the election. He has already started campaigning for his next election and clearly already backing away from his promises.

22. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Proof?

To any of your claims?

How has he started campaigning already?

23. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Listen to him. When he is making speeches like " I the economy can not be fix in 4 years but might take 8 or longer" Those to me shows that he knows he is screwed in 4 years because the economy has a good chance of not being back to the boom.

Presidential elections are determined more on the status of the economy than what the candidates say. if it is doing bad we want the other party in power.

if you has noticed his promises against the oil companies have quitely been sweep under the rug.

Obama is nothing more than filthy lieing scum bag. Like the past few presidents have been.

24. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

It seems American Politics has been set to Fast Fast Forward. At this rate, Obama will already have passed through his first term by the time the inauguration balls are over.

Part of this, I think, stems from Bush's complete lame duck status that started as some have argued as far back as 2006. This general unease has set people into an almost constant consideration of the future of Obama's presidency far before the first 100 days.

Of course, there's also a cadre of partisans who are sharpening their long-knives and are just looking for some hole in Obama's cuirass so they can shiv him.

25. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Or it could show, you know, that hes not a complete ****ing idiot. OF COURSE ITS GOING TO TAKE TIME TO FIX THIS MESS! At least he has the balls to admit its going to be tough, unlike Mccain who stated that he could fix the economy first term.

And your gonna have to elaborate on the big oil comment.