Corsair 16gb DDR3-1066 1333mhz for your MBP!! $109 @ Frys

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wgr73, Jan 20, 2012.

1. wgr73, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2012

wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

Just thought to share this with the guys who want 16gb in the MBP. I just put 8gb in and my wife would kill me if I put in 16! lol

Click here :cool:

2. wgr73 thread starter macrumors 6502a

wgr73

Oops, I see now. I left another site in the link :( Sorry mods. I'll make sure to copy directly from the website next time.

3. mac jones macrumors 68040

Wow.

Pretty soon 16GB will be common. (As if anyone needs that much. Or 8GB for that matter :D )

4. Acejam2k macrumors regular

5. bill-p macrumors 65816

If you work on big poster prints in Photoshop, then 16GB is actually still not enough. Unless you want a super blurry poster...

Mine hasn't caused any issue at all for the past weeks. I think some are just unlucky.

----

That said, good find. Got them for $115 a while ago. I definitely need them.

6. Bluedog54 macrumors member

Wow.. that was quick. Out of stock.

7. mac jones macrumors 68040

Yeah, like hot cakes they went. But you can pick up at a local store, as some places have stock.

I didn't order as I would have to pay taxes + $2 shipping, and I already bought them form the Egg anyway, so I need to test them for crap control.

Anyway, I'll bet these sticks are hit & miss, the value bin; Like rolling dice. At least from the mixed reviews i'm getting that sense.

But then again, it may be some spec like voltage that people are overlooking. I have a 17 inch so if it doesn't work in that it's not going to work in the 15, I would imagine. Don't know. Don't know nothin really :)

8. Kraxsis macrumors newbie

I think the big problem is people are more then likely getting ram that corsair hasn't certified for Mac's. They have a line that has been tested and is far more stable.

Here are links to the two different ram kits.

Non-Mac-Tested 16gig Ram kit (Newegg)
    Mac-Tested 16gig Ram kit (Newegg)

Notice the mac tested is actually labeled Mac Memory. There has been some discussion with the "mac labeled" ram going through more testing.