Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
Theres been a post or 2 about this already recently. I don't think Epic is in good times right now. UT3 which uses the same engine was supposed to be out for Macs weeks, if not months ago. Ask on their forums about it, and they'll delete your post. For whatever reason, they are in denial about it. They have even warned and banned people for asking.

That doesn't mean it isn't coming of course.. But it's not exactly sending out a positive message.

bobbles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Why wouldn't they be able to? It's not as if Gears is so resource intensive that you'd need the power of a dozen computers combined just to play it.

so why dont more games like this come out for mac?

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
so why dont more games like this come out for mac?

Well it's a long story. To make it short, I'll say the Mac game market has always been small. Many developers don't think there is payback in the extra cost of developing a Mac game. Then there are the porters like Aspyr or MacSoft who have to negotiate deals with PC developers. And then there was the hated Havok issue, huge deal breaking licensing fees to create a Mac game based on a PC game with Havok physics. To some degree that has changed in the last couple of years getting better.

As the Mac market to continues to grow, if Mac owners actually purchase games, you'll probably see more native Mac games.

Honestly 100% of the serious gaming I do is on my 360, or my PC, or my MacBookPro running Vista. If you're a casual gamer, go check Apple's Game Page. Lots and lots of native Mac games there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.