Could iphone 5 have local siri?

kristoffer4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
Denmark
I am thinking maybe the big feature of the iphone 5 is local siri! No need to have a data connection to use Siri anymore for a lot of stuff. Things like contacts for example.
It seems like a A6 chip might be able to handle it? Or can Siri only work if a big server is doing the heavy lifting? :confused:

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
I am thinking maybe the big feature of the iphone 5 is local siri! No need to have a data connection to use Siri anymore for a lot of stuff. Things like contacts for example.
It seems like a A6 chip might be able to handle it? Or can Siri only work if a big server is doing the heavy lifting? :confused:
Yeah, it could but than Apple wouldn't be able to analyse all the data and improve the service.

Eddy Munn

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2008
Jelly Bean has this option- I wouldn't be surprised if Apple followed suit.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Yeah, it could but than Apple wouldn't be able to analyse all the data and improve the service.
It could default to online Siri, and then fall back on the local version if no data connection is available. That way they'd still get data.