Could Jared Kushner's massive debts compromise national security?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jerwin, Feb 14, 2018.

1. jerwin macrumors 68020

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...rgantuan-debt-matters/?utm_term=.40dbdcdbefa4

2. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

It doesn't matter. Trump supporters don't care about national security. Im beginning to feel most have little regard for accountability. Support the party at all costs. One step forward, two steps back.

3. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Trump probably has similar debts, but he’s hiding it in LLCs. The whole family is corrupt.

4. Scepticalscribe macrumors Westmere

Scepticalscribe

Irrespective of his financial situation, Jared Kushner should never have been appointed to any position of any description within the White House.

That the GOP do not find this outrageous - imagine the shrieks of sustained outrage had a President Hillary Rodham Clinton appointed Chelsea Clinton - or even, her husband, former President Bill Clinton (who would have been more than qualified to hold such a position to say the least)- to a position of authority, influence and power in an administration led by her in the White House - beggars belief.

5. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Riiight. Because classified HRC emails ended up on Wikileaks and Anthony Wieners "Carlos Danger's" Laptop. Grossly negligent Extremely careless, right?:rolleyes:o_O

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Source classified emails landed up on wikileaks.

7. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

OK, so what does your comment have to do with Jared Kushner and National Security? At least I am trying to stay on topic. As always, we have to bring in the other party, tit for tat. I don't see the connection. Two different topics.

Funny too, you mention Wikileaks. If you want to go off topic, didn't the Trump campaign try to solicit information about HRC from Wikileaks? Basically an organization headed by a wanted criminal hiding in a foreign embassy?

And if I recall when Comey went on stage claiming new emails were found on Weiners' wife's laptop, Comes cast a cloud of suspicion over the Clinton campaign just weeks before the election. Some will say he put the nail in the HRC coffin and his career. So again, what does HRC or Weiner have to do with this thread?

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/16/jared-kushner-wikileaks-emails-245197

8. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Clinton's were "broke" when they left the White House so it shouldn't matter.

"You have no reason to remember, but we came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt," Clinton said. "We had no money when we got there, and we struggled to piece together the resources for mortgages for houses, for Chelsea's education. It was not easy. Bill has worked really hard. And it's been amazing to me. He's worked very hard."

10. samcraig macrumors P6

11. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

The amount of debt you have can influence whether or not you get a clearance.

When I read this story yesterday the thing that struck me is he's incurred a lot of debt in the year he's been in the WH his debt seemed pretty normal before that.

12. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

How ironic that after all the bluster by Trump about Hillary and the potential compromise of classified information on her server he would have a White House where highly classified information is regularly viewed by people who cannot get full security clearances.

13. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

14. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Not sure, but him being a head figure who can’t clear national security is probably a national security issue.

15. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

One of the bigger fictions foisted on Trump voters is the idea that these people are good at business. They’re basically good at borrowing money, stiffing lenders and self promotion, and that’s it.

16. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Probably one of the best posts I’ve read here...

17. Scepticalscribe macrumors Westmere

Scepticalscribe

Excellent post.

Re the actual question asked in the thread title, how can his - that is Jared Kushner's - massive debts not compromise national security?

18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Ask Hillary the same question, by her own admission she and her husband left the WH broke and destitute.

She ended up compromising national security after she was flush with cash.

19. Scepticalscribe, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018

Scepticalscribe macrumors Westmere

Scepticalscribe

Deflection and an irrelevant deflection at that.

I hate to have to break it to you, but (most unfortunately) Hillary is not President and, therefore, is of limited relevance to the discussion which according to the thread concerns possible security risks on account of massive debts, stupendous financial incompetence, and displays of crude and flagrant nepotism. Oh, and a lack of a security clearance.

20. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Someone I work with is broke. They service the printers. What is your point?

21. TiggrToo, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018

TiggrToo macrumors 6502a

TiggrToo

[Delete - I made a post after reading another with MacRumors hiding a third post from someone I'm ignoring, that provided more context to the second]

22. SusanK macrumors 68000

The employee with financial challenges may not be a candidate for cash handling.

As for Clinton claiming to leave the WH dead broke, too much is not enough for some. I saw the interview when she made the dead broke comment. She went on to say we had to buy houses, make twice as much because of the taxes. She made foolish statements.

I have one house and make due nicely with that. I pay taxes too! Didn't feel her pain.