Could someone post images of all of the default apps/home screen on the new 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MartinAppleGuy, Jan 22, 2015.

1. MartinAppleGuy macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

Could someone post images of all of the default apps/home screen on the new 6 Plus?

2. Wackadoo macrumors newbie

Or you could just have a look at apple.com
    http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone6

3. MartinAppleGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

4. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

I plugged my phone into QuickTime so you get the default menu bars. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

5. MartinAppleGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

That's great! Thanks :) Could you also please post screens of some of these apps for me (preferably in portrait);

Safari
    Phone (the dialler so there is no sensitive info)
    Messages (just a new message)
    Music (with a song playing with the controls)

That would be really great if you could post that for me, I'm really interested in how these apps look in portrait with the extra screen resolution and I'd really love to see them in there 1:1 scale.

6. Sumter macrumors regular

Sumter

http://imgur.com/a/8N8Ii

My Safari had the bookmarks from my Macbook Air ported over by default thanks to iCloud. I don't use Safari as my main browsing app, though.

In my opinion, iPhone 6+ is just an oversized version of iPhone 6. I like it because of the bigger screen size and battery since I watch a lot of videos on my phone and browse a lot.

7. MartinAppleGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

Highly appreciate the upload! Shame there is not more done with the extra space. I was speaking to a friend about the 6 Plus and we thought it would be great to see iPad only apps be available on the 6 Plus (but re-sized to fit the screen of course). I'm talking about apps like Pixelmator, it uses the same GUI as the iLife apps so why can't it be on the phones?

8. Sumter macrumors regular

Sumter

Yeah, I really expected iPad apps to be available on the plus model as I have an iPad Air and I do have a couple of apps that are only available on iPads. It's a shame, but I expect Apple to release more features that only iPhone 6+ can have with future updates. So far landscape mode hasn't impressed me, I find it a little too inconvenient for daily use other than watching videos (which already can be done with every other smartphone)

Things I would like to be added:
    -Default browser setting
    -When you increase/decrease font size, it works on browsers too
    -At least dual screen mode. I remember people thinking that might happen with iPad Air 2 and we were disappointed to find out that wasn't the case.
    -Ability to place apps whereever you want on the screen since iPhone 6+ is a little too big for reaching the top without shifting the hand position/use reachability

I am aware androids already have these feature but I really can't use those. I like iOS a lot. Just wish Apple actually did something for their phablet to be an actual phablet instead of just an oversized iPhone with iPad feature (landscape).