Could the increase in color gamut in the 17" unibody mbp only be for the glossy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjahshik32, Jan 27, 2009.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Just curious and if anyone knows if the higher color gamut is for the glossy or it goes for both glossy and matte?

2. nevin macrumors newbie

I want to know that too. I like to have the wider color gamut that comes with the 17" model. However I do like to order the matte screen. It is not clear that this feature applies to both screen options or just the glossy type screen.

Anyone?

3. MAGICMOXTER macrumors regular

Noone knows yet until they arrive and someone can benchmark and calibrate a matte ones screen.

Schiller said at the Macworld Expo Keynote that the new Matte screen has exactly the same properties as the old one which could mean it doesnt gain the extra colour gamut. In addition to this there isn't anything about it on Apples site, and finally the screen does look suspiously like the old one.

You could always phone Apple?

4. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

Why doesnt someone just call and ask before ordering? That way if there is any problem, have it documented and return your item if its not what expected.

5. sebasti macrumors newbie

Now you got me worried. The computer's feature page doesn't mention anything about color gamut being display type dependent but... on the specifications: "17-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colours; optional antiglare display" would leave out question if antiglare has support for millions of colours or even has LED-backlighting?

6. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

7. Mark2000 macrumors regular

Mark2000

Actually, you don't have proof of that. The only thing anyone has is a Shia vs Sunni interpretation of something Tim Cook said at Macworld.

If you want to know if its a new panel wait until someone looks at it in SysPro and compares it to the old one. New model #? New screen. But no one has their Mattebook17 yet so no one knows. Just be patient if you're that worried.

8. Isurus macrumors newbie