Could the new rug be causing breakouts of rashes for my mom?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SamIchi, Apr 8, 2007.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

My moms been havin' hive like breakouts and it started the day after we put down the rug. She went to the doctors this morning and got medication, but it's on and off. Don't know if the medication is really doing anything. Any thoughts? I tried checking what kind of material the rug is but it doesn't have that info.

2. brassplayersrok macrumors newbie

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Has she been rubbing her neck against it? My cat used to do that.

Um......is this a complete wall-to-wall carpet, or is it a typical rectangular "area" rug? If it's a rug, then return it, or just throw it out. If it's an entirely new rug that was installed, then I don't know what to say. It's likely too expensive to just throw out, but on the other hand.....think about your mum.

4. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

Tell her not to go near it for a day or two and see if she continues to get the rashes and if not then I would assume that the rug is the problem. Have you changed detergent, new sheets, anything else??

5. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

The rug is the only thing I can think of that's recently changed. It's an area rug and it's in the living room. That is where she spends all of her time, when she's home. If it doesn't get better we'll try removing the rug.