Could they have put the 17-inch MBP's battery in the 15?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HurricaneDC, Jun 7, 2009.

1. HurricaneDC macrumors newbie

It would have been great to have that as an option, or even standard. I mean, if the 17 inch gets 8 hours of life from that, the 15 would get even more.

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

I'd guess that it's probably coming in the next revision.

3. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

The 15" would probably get the same or less battery life, not more. There's less volume for the battery to cover inside its smaller case, but it does have a smaller screen.

4. Warranty Voider macrumors 6502

Could they? Yes. Are they going to? Nobody knows. Would the non-replaceable battery have lasted longer on a charge? Maybe, maybe not. There is probably a threshold on the volume of the battery where it just any more efficient at lower volumes.

5. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

I imagine it would, the whole idea is getting rid of all the extra doors and mechanisms required on user-serviceable batteries for more volume. I think 7 hours on the weak graphics card is more likely though instead of 8 if they do make it non-replaceable. I echo zioxide and think it will come in the next revision (or the one after if this next one is just a bump). They could also incorporate their 1000 cycle technology too.