Could wifi iTunes store handle downloading tv shows or movies?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pedroistheman, Jan 30, 2008.

1. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

I think this would work perfectly, especially with the iTunes movie rentals. But does anyone know if the iPhone could handle this type of downloading? Just throwing it out there...

2. stekerrod macrumors regular

id say it's more the time it takes for a movie to download why it hasnt been done, in theory i dont see any technical reason why it cant be done in the same why you buy songs/albums.
    i downloaded the led zep album 'mothership' and that took ages, god knows how long it'd take with a movie!

3. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

I think the device itself can probably handle it, then space might be an issue. Even though I have over 2gb free and could (hypothetically) download a movie I wouldn't take the time to do it. I have a fast broadband connection at home and I download songs under 1 minute or even less, but what if I needed to suddenly go someplace?
    Waiting just a couple of more secs to leave and download some songs isn't that big a deal but waiting 30mins or so for a 1GB+ movie to download is another thing... It also applies with tv shows, is not much of a technical difficulty but a time consuming issue. Then again, what if someone had a very slow connection yet it can handle some songs, I doubt it can handle a movie in less than a couple of hours. Just my two cents.

-Victor