Could You or Someone You Know be an Ideologue. Take the Questionnaire.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Plutonius, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016

Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

An ideologue is an often blindly partisan advocate or adherent of a particular ideology. Take the questionnaire and see if it applies to you or someone you know.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

jeopardy]
    I'll take Clinton & Trump supporters for 1 penny Alex
    /jeopardy]

3. chown33 macrumors 604

4. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

5. Limey77 macrumors regular

I'm assuming this is a joke post. As not only does the op meet all the criteria but this very thread is one of the examples!

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

it's Friday, all post today should be jokes, that would be the best way to unwind , hell if I was mod I might make it a rule just so ya'll could be civil most of the week :p

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Tests are great if we're testing to see if we agree with what the test takers want. A society of happy populist lemmings must be easier to deal with than a gaggle of free thinkers, I suppose?

8. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

Some of the interesting comments on an ideologue.

- An ideologue often has what could be called a missionary complex-- they seem determined to convert others to their viewpoint regardless of the cost.

- There is no such thing as compromise with an ideologue. Generally, an ideologue doesn't understand the concept of agree to disagree.

- Ideologues never fight fairly, and this is because of valuing winning the argument over having a fair exchange of ideas.

- An ideologue will often present their ideas and opinions as material facts, regardless whether there is evidence to the contrary.

9. Herdfan macrumors 6502

You just described Obama to a T.