Coulter: America would be better if we were all Christian

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Oct 11, 2007.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/10/11/coulter-we-want-jews-to-be-perfected/

Stupid [insert 4 letter word that rhymes with "runt" or 5 letter word that rhymes with "witch." your choice]

2. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

I'm offended for two reasons. First, that she would have the audacity to insult a person and his religion to his face. Right or wrong, she definitely fails the "let your words be full of grace" test.

Second, the theological bankruptcy of her statements. I haven't got time to enumerate her theological errors at this time, but they are MANY... Christianity is not just a "fast track" version of Judaism.

3. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Unbelievable.

Then again, it IS Coulter......

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Where the hell does she get this stuff? She managed to PO nearly everyone in the US with that one, Christians most likely included. She must be feeling neglected by the media. It's been a while since she made this big an a** of herself.

5. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

I guess with Billo and Limbaugh in the spotlight for being the biggest *******s in the media, she was feeling left out.

6. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

I laughed out loud when I read that! Great! :D

7. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

She could give Joan Rivers a good run for the gaudiest 'gold ring in a swine's snout' award.

8. juanm macrumors 65816

If she were Spanish, I'd blame coke... What's the last trend in drugs, right now, among extreme right wing witches in the US?
    I can't help but trying to figure how she must be in the bed... I'd say totally submissive and into extreme bondage. I bet she has burn scars on her. :p

9. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

PLEASE, don't you EVER put that image into my head :D

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Would you rather her be a coward, and hide behind the internet or ther media, insulting Judism?

At least she has the guts to say it to his face(although its more for shock value,and getting action in the news)

11. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

The proper response is, "Ann, America would be better if there weren't so many asshats saying stupid things to get on TV."

12. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

That's a good point. I'm offended that she would insult a religion, regardless of the medium. Very poor choice of words on my part.

13. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Obviously they weren't, so she had to say something awful to get their attention.

15. MonksMac macrumors 6502a

MonksMac

Good grief! That lady is a blubbering twit buffoon! Well based on what I read about her recently. I saw an article this afternoon in which she said the Jews need to be "perfected". That lady is pretty messed up.

16. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I saw this earlier in the day, i was absolutely disgusted. On CNN's The Situation Room, James Carville and some Evangelist guy were discussing this for a few minutes, the Evangelist saying that he's friends with Coulter, she isn't an anti-semite, and that he didn't find the comments offensive at all. As a Jew and pessimist, I am not surprised by these remarks at all, though they are vile and a disgrace to mankind altogether.

When I told my mom what Coultergeist said (thank you Keith Olberman) in the early evening, she responded with this, "Wasn't it Hitler that was perfecting humanity by killing the jews and non-Aryians?"

BTW, for anyone who wasn't seen the video, here's a link to the blog post that has the video from the show in it's entirety, though you have to scroll down about 1/3 of the page, it is embedded.

link.

17. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

A few thoughts:

1) She has a point. If we were all the same, we wouldn't be so different. If being being the same means less infighting and less infighting means better, then she's right. But, I think that equation gets lost somewhere along the lines of people are people. Even if we were all Christians, I doubt we could all be the same.

2) I really don't understand what she was trying to say. It's like she's speaking in tongues or something. Either that or she wanted to make the transcript a word jumble.

3) Isn't all of America being Christian the end result of establishing "the Kingdom"?

18. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I guess things would be better in the same way that if we were all jewish or all muslim. But people would always find something to fight about religion or not.

19. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

The same point can also be made that the perfect human world would be one where are differences are irrelevant and not divisive as they are in the modern world. Even if we did have a universal race/religion or whatever, if we don't solve of the problem of trying to separate and classify ourselves, you can even argue that people will continue to divide themselves even if a single race was attained, simply by non-racial/religious characterstics. The problem isn't race or religion, it is human nature.

I do, she seems to be saying i'm an egotistical, carping ******* that has no regard for humanity outside my own christian, conservative fraternity.

20. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I agree with that. Humans are inherently evil. Because when it comes right down to it the only thing we are concerned with is our own survival.

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Coulter craves attention, she's like a child whose learned to swear and then does it repeatedly hoping someone will pay some attention to her. Just laugh at the idiot and then ignore her.

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Out of all the many horrid things Ann Coulter has said, that has to be her most stupid, bigoted, detestable foot-in-the-mouth utterance ever.

I'm just floored by the incredibly massive ignorance of this one.

23. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Don't challenge her, Coulter is the white dwarf of ignorance, one tea-spoon of her idiocy weighs thousands of tons.

24. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

And let's not forget where she was able to say it: CNBC.

Think she'll be invited back, onto this or some other network? Oh, why the hell not. None of her previous utterances has ever mattered to the programmers before.

25. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

They'll stop hosting her ravings if they see a drop in ratings. Right now hosting Coulter is just a way to sell advertising; the woman is a verbal car accident waiting to happen and people want to see the bodies.