Coulter: Gays Have No Right to Marriage "Because [They're] Not Black."

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by CaptMurdock, Sep 27, 2010.

1. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Just when you think this woman's Crazy Train could go any further off the rails...

Ann Coulter To Gay Conservatives at "HomoCon":

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Wow. That she would actually say this -- in front of people. Just. Wow.

I truly don't know who should be insulted more -- gays or blacks.

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

What a ****.

What hole did she crawl out of? She did a pretty good job of keeping her pie hole shut the past year or so. I wish she'd go crawl back in.

3. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

I just can't believe there are any conservative homosexuals it's like an African American supporting segregation candidates. :confused:

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Do people still listen to that nut? She really is pathetic.

5. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

"as soon as they find the gay gene, you know who's getting aborted."

OMFG :mad:

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm glad to have her back.

Just one more crazy to turn sane folk away from the right.

Every little bit of crazy helps.

7. macfan881 macrumors 68020

I'm going to laugh so hard if actaully when the Republicans lose so horribly come to november how do people take these TP people seriously

8. Shivetya macrumors 65816

I thought it was funny, it was timed well and the crowd wasn't offended. Apparently some people think the crowd should have been.

9. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

I'm always amazed by the fact that these people exist outside of sitcoms and general comedy.

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

More:

Instead of reading and writing? Kindergartners learning about fisting? Against sex ed in schools?

This woman is full court nutso. I can't believe GOProud invited Ms. Skellington, unless it was to make fun of her.

[​IMG]

11. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Two things I got out of this:

1. Ann Coulter has moved from insane to just offensive.

2. There are gay Republicans? Someone give them a sign.

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't even understand the craziness that came out of her mouth. None of it made any sense.

13. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Is it your position that you can't be pro small-government, a constitutionalist, fiscal conservative, or advocate things such as personal responsibility... and be a homosexual at the same time? Interesting worldview. I suppose you can't be black and support those things either?

14. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You can't be gay and support a party who bases their platform on taking away the civil rights of gay people. It makes no sense. Forget fiscal conservatism, forget personal responsibility. The basic civil rights of Americans trumps all of that.

15. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Certainly you're aware that there isn't a consensus as to whether marriage is a 'civil right', correct? There are many people who believe that the federal government has no right to get involved with determining who can marry (or who can't) at all. The implication of the left wing that being homosexual or having black skin, etc. should determine ideology or which political party you should support, is laughably ignorant and arrogant.

16. Shivetya macrumors 65816

They are not taking away anything, you cannot take away something that was never given. Secondly, many gays are quite proud of their political beliefs and are not some ignorant hive mind as many would attribute to blacks as well. In other words, the left is very good at defining groups who are unable to think for themselves and any such occurrence is because the individuals are confused. They do the same thing to other minority groups , the stick with us and we will make it all okay because you can't. Yet all they do is exploit them for votes and discard them like the embarrassing uncle until the next vote.

She was right in her comment, it was meant to be offensive, it simply reads as "you rights are not deserving of attention because your not black". Implying, your not politically important enough for the elites to care.

She at least went to Homocon and even told the whack jobs running WND what she thought of them for her attending a gay oriented event.

17. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

you are trying to prove that Coulter not only was justified in saying what she did, but that there are actual GOP homosexuals who also agree.

Get real.

18. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

No, that's fine. But in my opinion, when a party down-right discriminates against you (their damn "Pledge to America" vows to "protect marriage" from... what, again?) it is hard for that group to identify with that party. :D

19. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

It's Ann Coulter, what do you expect? Reason, temperance, tolerance, reflection etc are not her forte.

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

While you'd think that would be the case, there's always someone, or group of someones, who'll surprise you. Whatever motivates them isn't my concern. I'd try not to worry about it.

The woman's made a career out of making outrageous statements.

If you don't have any real talent, what else can you do?

21. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Honestly you guys, I think she was just joking. I wouldn't normally say this, but that's how it came across to me.

23. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I vaguely remember many on the right *cough cough* arguing that the crowd at the NAACP meeting should have reacted differently to the "edited" speech by Ms. Sherrod.

Maybe the issue is about Republican and homosexual, not pro-government, constitutionalist, fiscal conservatives, mainly because there aren't any of those elected by the GOP.

If that is the case, then why are those on the right trying so hard to get involved with determining who can marry (or who can't) at all? Aren't the "many people" you are talking about all conservatives? Republicans? They seem to vote for the people who are trying so hard to get involved in people's private lives.

24. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Except it would seem, in the courts.

Enjoy the ban, while you can. :D

25. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yup, she had a lot of these one liners at the convention she was speaking at. Basically a comedy tour with veiled barbs here and there.

She was speaking to the log cabin republicans.