Coulter's Newsletter?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dswoodley, Jul 16, 2007.

1. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

Does anyone get Ann Coulter's newsletter? I just find it funny that they advertise for it on the MR Politics Forum. Conservatives on this forum must be outnumbered 5 to 1 at least. Anyway, I though it odd and wondered does anyone subscribe?

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

3. dswoodley thread starter macrumors 6502a

So not everyone sees the same Ad? Just as well. At least with oreilly's newsletter 1 in 6 sentences makes sense. With Coulters, well, I'm still looking.

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

And some of us don't see any ads. No Coulter Newsletter ads seems like a pretty nice Demi perk. ;)

Lethal

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Thanks to the Camino web browser I rarely see banners.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Didn't used to be like that. Republicans have been fairly quiet these days for some reason. And getting even more so.

8. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

By "these days" I'm assuming you mean "these past few years" ;)

Aside from a brief influx of trolls after the last Presidential election it's been "left-heavy" in here since late 2003. Of course part of that is because the current administration has swung so far right that "real" republicans (i.e. not neo-cons) are being viewed as "lefties" now.

Lethal

9. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

Omniweb here. Ads are quite effectively blocked. But, I'll give it a shot later with Safari.

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

That was kinda my point, but thank you. :p

Prewar, and even around it, there were a lot more righties though it seemed. Lots of "remember 9/11" types. Some of them have since taken a turn to the left. Well, actually just towards reality as the line took a sharp turn right, but you know what I mean. Or just disappeared. Or left defending the indefensible by calling everyone else secular extremist leftists. All 70+% of us.

Er, but that was probably your point. ;)

11. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Today's labelling efforts are hilarious, really. Think about it a minute: We used to have it fairly clear-cut that Left and Liberal sorta ran together. Right and Conservative the same.

Now? Well, the left/liberal for decades have declared that social problems of whatever sort could and should be solved by government intervention.

So now we have "rightist" Bush with No Child Left Behind and Free Pills for Old Pharts. Those aren't private-sector solutions. And every time you turn around, this administration is proposing some new sort of government program or intervention, same as Pelosi, et al.

I dunno. Suffice it for me that there are Statists one side and generally me on the other. :D

'Rat

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Which would be great. If they worked. But neither really does. Both seem to create more bureaucracy than they solve. Contrary to popular belief, just because most of us don't like Bush and his terrible handling of domestic and international issues, doesn't mean we want a nanny state and the gov to run everything to save us from the big bad corporations. Most of us, on all sides, just want an efficient gov that handles what the people can't for themselves without screwing it up or stepping all over our civil liberties, and maybe balancing the budget while they're at it.

But the same people who are telling you gov doesn't work are the ones breaking it, while still running the deficit up, and creating an actual nanny state that infringes on our rights, privacy, and who we can or can't love... but we're the ones who want big gov bureaucracy? :confused: Ok.