Countdown to Trump being impeached

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stylinexpat, May 12, 2017.

1. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

stylinexpat

As of now he has a 60% chance of impeachment. Hopefully him and his whole inner cabinet circle go with him. I do hope though before he gets impeached he passes that new 15% Corporate tax law reducing taxes for corporations by 20% so we can say that he did something positive for American businesses and corporations before he got the boot. He fired so many people that Karma is now out looking for him lol..

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-impeachment-odds-slashed-105715755.html

2. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

Just think - Mike Pence is up next. Idk if that's better or worse, to be honest.

3. daflake macrumors 6502a

Without having anybody good to take his place (nobody currently on Capitol Hill), I would be very cautious about wanting him gone. As @smallcoffee said, his replacment isn't going to be any better.

4. jeyf, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017

jeyf macrumors 6502a

effects reducing corporate tax is that the government will have to accept increasing deficit or expand revenue form other sources. I say tax the diplorables; they will never know what is happening.

serious tho
    Larger corporations, those now being taxed at the higher rate, will immediately benefit but the average joe will see very little good trickle down from this. The companies will simply keep the money.

5. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

Nah. Economists across the spectrum believe that a reduction in the corporate tax would be a good thing. Calling it "trickle down" means you don't understand.

6. jeyf macrumors 6502a

you reduce funding from one source you have to replace it with another.

7. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

You breath in air, you breath it back out

8. nia820 macrumors 68020

nia820

Anyone but Trump.

9. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

You say that now....

10. daflake macrumors 6502a

The devil you know!

11. niploteksi macrumors regular

The general idea is that lower corporate tax will produce more jobs and thus more income tax and general spending.

12. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

13. jeyf macrumors 6502a

this is the trickle down i speak of. it has been tried in the past.
    nothing saying how the additional corporate revenue is spent. You can bet trump america will never see it.

14. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

I'm going to agree with you here.

Not that I don't think the man is an absolute disaster as POTUS.

But what I have seen of politicians lately, there is always another one that'll crawl out of the woodwork and take on the race to the bottom.

15. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

At least with Pence, you know what you're getting. Just imagine had some Christian Televangelist like Reverend Jerry Fallwell ever became President. What would that Reverend's style of governing be? Well, that's how Pence will govern. And he will do it predictably. Consistently. No flip-flopping or reversing himself like Trump does every few days. No Bat-Shia-Crazy tweets from hell. He'll stick with his fundamentalist Christian convictions and use them as a consistent guiding principle. And all the other dissenters and critics can figuratively and Biblically "go to hell".

Again, at least you know what you're getting with Pence.

16. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

Idk why people care so much about his tweets. We all know they are crazy so why even pay attention?

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Pence could at least be marginally better. He's a snake, too, but he'd provide four improvements:
    1. He'd be less of a loose cannon about dangerous situations like North Korea.
    2. He wouldn't play buddy buddy with Putin.
    3. He'd keep his ego in check. Unlike Trump, Pence wouldn't tell you that the sun shines brighter, the trees are greener, and the birds sing louder, all because of him.
    4. He just might keep the nepotism to a minimum. He wouldn't appoint Tiffany Trump as Surgeon General.
    I do think that Trump's firing of Comey has increased his chances of impeachment considerably. I never thought he'd blunder his way into this situation so rapidly.

18. daflake macrumors 6502a

Trump = not smart enough to have an agenda

Pence = an agenda with an end game

19. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Roman times: Vestis facit virum. Clothes make the man.

21st Century: Tvitus facit praesidens. The tweets make the President.

20. arkitect, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017

arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

If I were a believer in secret cabals and so on, I'd wonder if this isn't the "Behind the doors" plan. You know, "Them" the New World Order, who apparently govern the globe to some Masonic/Illuminati agenda.

Get Trump in, shellshock the USA and rest of the world with his ******* craziness, impeachment follows swiftly.

And a snickering Republican Party hands Pence the key to the Oval Office Washroom.

Now all ultra-conservative agendas flow through smooth and swift.

No, it doesn't really make much sense to me either, but sometimes I just can't help wondering…

/s

A VERY late edit: This is sarcasm people. Goodness! Some right wingers seem to think I genuinely believe this. SMFH.

21. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

arkitekt, the only flaw with your New World Order (Illuminati) conspiracy theory is that….. the Illuminati are far from Christian, so having them endorse an Ultra-Christian President will actually divert them from their goals.

In fact, it's been hypothesized that they (Illuminati/Masons/Templars) are an ancient cult of the Satanic devil-worshipping type. And not just any devil. Baphomet, to be precise! :p

[​IMG]

22. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

True. I just threw them in as a "more the merrier" gesture.
    But I take your point. :) Baphomet. Ah yes, now there was some serious a*se kissing. (Apparently);)

23. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Because he's the President of the United States. Just because he says crazy things doesn't mean we shouldn't pay attention.

24. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

But they are tweets.

25. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Economists across the spectrum believe a reduction in the corporate tax rate AND getting rid of special-interest deductions and tax subsidies, such that the overall federal revenue from corporate taxes remains the same or increases, is a good thing.

Many corporations currently pay less than 5% effective tax rate after all is said and done - "decreasing" the corporate tax rate to 15% while removing all their special deductions would actually be an effective increase for many companies.

No economist says that reducing corporate taxes alone, while doing nothing else with the tax code, is a good thing.