Because Valve decided to trash Mac version of Half Life just before it was completed for no logical reason.Rob587 said:its one of the three games i play and mac doesnt support it..... why is this?
What about trying to play it on virtual pc?
Half Life 1 is just way too old to even be considered to be ported. Its over 6 years old!Rob587 said:do u think that they will eventually make it for macs? Why wouldnt they want more sales?
In reality, I know that Havok is a stumbling block, but let's work on this one step at a timeHello
About two years ago, after first hearing about Half-Life 2, I emailed Valve and enquired about the possibility of a Mac version. I did not receive a reply. I was concerned that a Mac version may not surface, so I proceeded to set up an online petition encouraging Mac gamers to register their support.
Last year, Half-Life 2 was finally released, but only for Windows. If anything, this seemed to make my petition even more popular. The petition currently has 6165 interested users. I estimate that about 98% of these submissions are genuine - the other 2% are ridiculous claims like "I will buy ten copies" as well as the unavoidable "Windows fanboys."
It is obvious that there is great interest in a Mac version of Half-Life 2. Valve needs to do very little work to make this happen, as there are dedicated Mac game publishers such as Aspyr Media, MacSoft, and Feral Interactive that handle the porting of the game code over to Mac OS X.
Please consider this information, and make a wise decision. Thank you for your time.
(Name, address, and link to petition supplied)
If they're going to be 'good guys' then they'd delay the Windows patch too, and release them both at the same time (like Blizzard).applekid said:Now, if there's things being patched in the PC executable itself, the Mac version of the executable would have to be ported from the PC code. That would create some delays, and that would also leave us at the mercy of Valve since they'll probably have to approve of the executable before distributing it over Steam.
No reply yet.Nermal said:I just sent the following to Valve.
Blizzard is the exception though. I honestly can't think of a single, other company that did a simultaneous PC/Mac release.Nermal said:I see what you mean, I hadn't thought about that. How 'mature' is the game now? How often do updates come out, have they ironed out most of the bugs? If so, then the patching problem lessens.
Blizzard manages to patch the Mac and Windows versions of WoW simultaneously, so it's definitely possible
Edit: Do you happen to know the approximate ratio between code and data patches? If most patches simply update the data files, then there's no platform-specific stuff happening. Code, on the other hand...
LMFAOGonzoRob said:CS:S is like crack... except when you do crack you dont have some teenage kid shoot you in the face, talk **** about you mother and then tea bag your corpse.
I still play that dirty dirty game though ........