"Counter-terrorism experts" want to ban ALL carry-on luggage

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zioxide, Dec 3, 2014.

1. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...-worried-about-terror-attack-around-christmas

Might as well just ban planes and air travel at this point. Fat chance I'm putting the things I normally bring in my carry on (laptop, phone, camera, etc) in a checked bag so some $8/hr TSA hack can jack them. The terrorists have clearly won at this point.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I'm going to leave my lap top in checked baggage so some morbidly obese dirtbag TSA puke can steal it? I don't think so.

4. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Or you can pay a TSA special fee to be a special person in a special line and be regarded as good to go.

And then you can pay a special free for a airline provided tablet and internet for when you fly

And then you have to pay a special fee to check in a daypack and laptop bag...

5. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Bingo!

I wonder how much a water bottle a the airport cost before we couldn't bring any liquids.

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I dare them to deny an infant with latching issues their right to eat, when a mother has to bring bottles of breast milk onboard.

The terrorists won the day that Congress and the POTUS let their fear cloud and want for security and safety cloud their judgment to where it impacts people's freedoms.

BL.

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm sure the airlines will love trying to force people into paying more for checked bags since they can't use a carry on. This is completely ridiculous, and if the risk is truly that high then it's better to just not fly.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

actually they won when the PEOPLE let the POTUS & Congress get away with it.

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Unfortunately, there was nothing the people could do about that; it was a year after an election year.

But Congress and the POTUS did fail the people. There's no denying that.

BL.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

That POTUS win re-election

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Doesn't mean that they didn't fail the people. Winning re-election, we failed badly. But history was on their side; when was the last time a wartime POTUS did not get re-elected?

Either way, by the time of that re-election, the damage had already been done.

BL.

12. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

Bush Sr?

13. TimelessOne macrumors regular

banning cell phones from going onto a plan that is rich. There would be such an uproar over that. Big time as that is now days we get a hold of people after we land or find them in the airport.

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Bush Sr. was a 1-term POTUS. Plus, there were no wars occurring we were involved in at the time of the 1992 election.

BL.

15. Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

Lyndon Johnson?

16. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Actually they do let those things on, you have to go through extra testing and such. Fun stuff ... really ...

The day we had a "patriot" act get voted in is when we gave up our freedom for fear. :rolleyes:

17. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Believe me, I know they do. My parents live in the midwest. My in-laws live in northern Arizona. My family and I live in NorCal. Neither of my two children have seen formula, let alone had it, and my daughter hasn't seen a milk bottle.

Exactly.

BL.

18. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

LBJ was re-elected in 1964 and did not run for a second term.

19. sim667 macrumors 65816

20. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Bush Sr. lost because of to reasons, "Read my lips, no new taxes" & Ross Perot spilt the election resulting in a minority elected Bill Clinton.

21. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

We need to ban terrorism 'experts'. The damage they are causing our society is unsustainable. There is simply no way to protect everybody 100% of the time, and we lose the battle if we let terrorism have an undue psychological impact ... which is what we're doing.

22. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

When I flew to Paris and back, it's just startling how police state USA airports are in comparison

In France there was barely any security at all, no funky bag checks and stripping down and getting your prostate checked.

And as a society, they function, and go about their lives. We on the other hand...