Couple of odd quirks after latest round of OS patches and upgrades

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by SATopWater, Oct 27, 2011.

  1. SATopWater, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011

    SATopWater macrumors newbie

    SATopWater

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2011
    #1
    I updated to OS X Lion just after it came out. No problems at all with the upgrade. Recently, I applied the round of patches that came out supporting, I believe, various features and so forth of iCloud.

    Since doing these recent patches, I have noticed the following quirks and am wondering if you all have ideas on how to correct these things.

    MAC OS X Lion 10.7.2
    iMac 3.4ghz i7 8G

    1. The background login screen image on my iMac is now only filling the upper right 25% of the screen. It luckily shows enough for me to see the image I need to select to get the login prompt. Interestingly, if I move the mouse into the other 75%, which is only solid black, it begins to draw small little squares of the background where ever I move the mouse. Ideas?

    2. Safari won't allow me to login to the AT&T wireless website. Once I enter the login information, it simply redisplays the login screen. I've used the account, after getting this error, on other computers with say Windows Explorer just fine. Ideas?

    3. I have a Western Digital Live Hub, the 1 terabyte model. I used to be able to view it via the shared device selection in iTunes. Once I select the device it simply displays the "clocking mouse" indefinitely. This still works on my wife's laptop with the previous version of OS X. Ideas?

    All of these worked fine before doing the latest round of patches.

    Thanks for any help.
     
  2. ExcelonGT macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    #2
    I noticed the same exact thing on my 2010 MBP after updating Lion to 10.7.2
    Very bizzare behavoir! OSX Lion has been a computing experience Debacle! People are saying Lion is like Vista. But I dont remember Vista getting so many of the little things wrong
     
  3. SATopWater thread starter macrumors newbie

    SATopWater

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2011
    #3
    I've got two of the three figured out, and am testing the fix for the third.

    I found where this happened to others, the fix is simple, Reset Safari, I choose not to do Top Sites.

    Apparently, Samba support was removed because of a licensing change for Samba.

    http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Firmware/Mac-os-X-Lion-with-wd-tv-live/td-p/223236

    I thought I'd post these fixes in case it helps someone else. If my fix for issue 1 ends up working, I'll post that tomorrow.
     
  4. SATopWater thread starter macrumors newbie

    SATopWater

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2011
    #4
    I was able to mask this issue by turning off the Guest User for Safari Only feature.
     

Share This Page