couple questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GregE, Nov 21, 2011.

1. GregE macrumors 6502

Hi all,

Time to upgrade from my Palm Pre Plus and looking at the iPhone and the RAZR. The RAZR has Smart Actions which is like a macro system so you can create a rule that has triggers that can then perform actions. For example, set a rule so your phone goes to silent on Tuesday and Thursdays between 8 and 10 while you are at school. Is there anything like that either built in or as an app for the iPhone?

Second question, we currently just write down things we need to do on a calendar on the frig. I'd like to be able to put it on an online calendar so an iPad, my iPhone, and my wife's iPhone can all see it and be able to update it. My iPhone will also be connected to our Exchange server to get my work calendar. What's the best and least expensive way to do this? I've looked at info on Google Sync, would this be the best way to do it?

Thanks

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

The iPhone has a lot of configuration options, some corny, some useful. Unfortunately it does not have the ability to schedule quiet times like your specific example.

Syncing calendars is easy as pie though. You can use Google sync, iCloud, or any number of other calendar services to sync into the built-in calendar app. You can sync to your Exchange calendar and others at the same time. My wife and I have each other's calendars on our phones (Google Apps) and it works out great.

I was with some friends yesterday and they asked about our schedule over the holiday weekend, thankfully I had gotten my 4S just last week and moved my iPhone 4 to my wife, so it was easy to check her calendar, iMessage her for approval, and stuff another event into an already busy weekend :)