Court decision could end California's restrictions on conceal-carry

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by lostngone, Nov 12, 2014.

1. lostngone macrumors 65816

lostngone

Well there is still hope! No more Local LEOs blocking legal gun owners for getting a conceal-carry permit.

"New court decision could end California's restrictions on conceal-carry permits"

"The decision by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals would bar other law enforcement officials, including state Attorney General Kamala Harris, from gaining "intervener status" to join in further challenges of its ruling in a case originally brought by an independent journalist who sued the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department over its policy of requiring a specific reason for being allowed to carry a concealed weapon in public."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/12/new-court-decision-likely-ends-california-restrictions-on-conceal-carry-permits/

2. bradl, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014

bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Not really the right time for this, let alone this article, especially when what you are talking about leads exactly to 2 LEOs getting shot dead in Sacramento from a bad guy carrying a concealed gun.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article3348287.html
    http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article3354460.html
    http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article3350415.html
    http://www.sacbee.com/incoming/article3351563.html

Bad timing with this one, lostngone, so please spare us the gun thread and 'law abiding citizens' shtick on this.

BL.

3. Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

That's all California needs, just my opinion.

4. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Shall issue will happen soon enough in California.

5. lostngone thread starter macrumors 65816

lostngone

What does the example you posted have to do with law abiding citizens being allowed to legally carry a concealed firearm after applying for a permit?

It looks like both these people had previous records that would have made them ineligible in the first place to even legally own a firearm let alone apply for a concealed carry permit. Not to mention the article I read stated they used a AR-15 which isn't even a weapon that is allowed to be carried concealed in its rifle configuration.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

My point: Your post glorifying being able to carry your blasted guns is in very piss poor taste, especially when 2 LEOs lost their lives because of some jerk carrying his gun and then some, and starting a chase across county lines involving more LEOs and the FBI, ending with a civilian losing their life and another LEO shot, one of which lives in my neighborhood.

All of us in this area have had to deal with a funeral for two guys who had children less than 7 years old that they are leaving behind, and all you can talk about is glorifying the carrying around of more guns that caused **** like this to happen, under your guise of 'law abiding citizens'. Tell that to the widow and children who won't see their husband and father coming home EVER AGAIN.

Very piss poor taste. To be honest, take your gun carrying shtick elsewhere. :mad:

BL.

8. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Hopefully there will be some form of reciprocity for surrounding states.

Good luck!

9. NickG420 macrumors regular

NickG420

I'm sorry for your loss but 2 things to note here...

No one forced them to be LEOs, coming from a family with several LEOs they are fully aware of the dangers of the job...None of which BTW are against Concealed Carry for law abiding citizens...

Secondly, the LEOs were shot by a sorry low life thug that ultimately has nothing to do with a law abiding citizen Carrying Concealed for his own protection from said thugs....

Lastly, I understand you are probably mourning the loss of your neighbor. Again I am sorry for your loss...But to jump on someone for posting an article that is a current news story and accuse them of "glorifying guns" is just not appropriate IMO...

Again sorry for your loss.

10. Meister Suspended

Meister

This why laws should not be based on blind emotions and majority vote.

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

No-one forces any law-abiding citizen in this country to purchase a gun. They have the right to have guns, but no-one forced the OP, or anyone else in this country to buy a gun. So please don't go down that road.

The citizen he shot would not have been saved by having a gun with him, either. The guy asked for his keys, and the citizen would not have had the time to pull his weapon to retaliate as he was being shot in the motion of getting the keys or refusing them. regardless of concealed carry permits, he wouldn't have had time to defend himself.

If you do a search throughout this section of the forum, you will see that 99% to *all* of his posts and threads that he starts have only to do with 2 things: guns and the 2nd Amendment. I may be joking, but once you really think about it, the moment anyone mentions guns, he's in the thread.

One more thing.. this also happened to occur on the same day of the Marysville school shooting, where 3 kids lost their lives; one of which was the perpetrator, whose parents were law abiding citizens with a legally purchased gun.

That is why I have said that for some people in this country, the United States Constitution ends at the 2nd Amendment. But oh, well.. another day, another school shooting, another LEO doesn't come home to see their children.. :rolleyes:

BL.

12. NickG420 macrumors regular

NickG420

I am not sure what this has to do with what I said but ok....

I don't think I ever implied that he would have had the chance to defend himself.....

Is this in reference to me or the OP? I don't think I have ever started a thread in this section....Ever...

So we have a case of awful parents who are irresponsible with guns...You're solution is to take guns away from everyone. I am sure some parents have accidentally let their kids drown in their pools, ran over their kids, unknowingly allow them to do stupid things that resulted in fatal injuries, should we ban all pools, cars, or heck why not just ban kids? They shoot those schools up, keep drowning in pools, and keep getting behind cars to be ran over....

The Constitution doesn't end at the 2nd Amendment....There's 25 others. However the only reason the 2nd is the 2nd and not the 1st was because the 2nd was there to protect the 1st otherwise it likely would have been the 1st. If the founding fathers did not consider it important it likely would have been further down the list.

13. jkcerda, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

1 what point if any are you trying to make?

2. irrelevant.

3. see 2

4. minority report was just a movie.

5. and some people pretend the 1st is there and the second is irrelevant or not needed. plenty of PEOPLE don't come home to see their children, criminals simply don't care, you can still get killed if firearms did not exist.

14. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

to a liberal it is always the wrong time.

doing the right thing doesn't depend on timing or conditions or anything else

15. lostngone, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014

lostngone thread starter macrumors 65816

lostngone

I am sorry that you got offended.
    I still fail to see a connection other then a both things include firearms in different ways? The case you posted about involved someone that was a criminal before the shooting even started and would not have even qualified the CCW permit that my post was about.

Someone here was run over and killed by a car in the city I live in last week. Am I being insensitive because I went out and bought a new car yesterday?

What I am talking about are legal gun owners trying to apply for a permit to carry their firearm legally(NOT SHOOTING COPS!). To say the gun was the cause of this is like blaming the car that ran the person over. I am talking about law abiding citizens that apply for a permit.

Sorry, not going to happen. Hands off my Rights!