Cover Flow bug? Albums out of alphabetical artist order

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by XciteMe, Oct 16, 2009.

1. XciteMe macrumors 6502

Please help me! :(

Can somebody tell me why certain albums are placed all the way at the end, when viewing Cover Flow on my iPhone?

For example, Jay-Z's Black Album shows up as the very last album... instead of next to other Jay-Z albums I have.

This doesn't happen in iTunes Cover Flow - only when using Cover Flow on my iPhone.

There is nothing wrong with my tags or artist input, or anything - the Black Album is still listed under Jay-Z albums when you touch his name... It's just that when viewing it in Cover Flow, it's out of order. As if instead of Jay-Z, the artist was like 999 (past 3 Doors Down, 3OH!3, etc). The VERY last album.

This has happened to other albums too.

Anybody????

2. XciteMe thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh and before you suggest, it's also NOT marked as a Compilation. There are no compilations in my music.

What gives? This is such a weird glitch/bug

3. CCRGMac macrumors newbie

Do you have a space in front of Jay-Z's name?

EDIT: Off Topic I know, but I checked the back end of my cover flow mine and noticed that it's smart enough to know true numerical order, not just sort by first character:

16 Horsepower
    23 Skidoo
    99 Chants
    808 State
    2020 Soundsystem

This thing keeps impressing me.