iPad Coworkers say they cant tell the difference using an air to their ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Misskitty, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Misskitty macrumors 6502

They said the air doesnt feel any slimer, doesnt feel any lighter and the screen looks the same as ipad 2 and the speed difference isnt noticable.:eek: they said i wasted money for minimal upgrades.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Some people can't tell the difference when driving a minivan and a Tesla.

3. iliapiano macrumors newbie

I never had the ipad 2, but I did not and wouldn't choose to buy the 2 because of how old the processor is (thinking about future ios updates, and apps), lack of lte, and no retina display. If you buy such an outdated device, you never know how much longer it will be supported, or strong enough to run the new apps.

4. Señor macrumors 6502

Señor

They're blind then.

5. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

To a lot of non-techies even the differences between an iPad 2 and an Air are trivial. For a lot of people, if a device can access Facebook and their email then it's just as good as anything else.

6. PFKMan23 macrumors regular

This. At the end of the day, does it even matter to you? Or are you looking to impress people?

7. redmamoth macrumors member

They're idiods, I have an iPad 2 and second I pick up an Air/rMini the difference is huge! I'm holding out for an Air2 though, which should be even better!

8. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

Rethink! If the older device is not junk for most of the people as a new device comes out means the resale value will be good. Thats great me thinks ;-)

9. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Doesn't make much sense to me. I loved my iPad 2 and my daughter is still using it now but the Air was an enormous upgrade in just about every way possible. I can see a few non techies having trouble distinguishing but the average person ought to be able to tell fairly easily!

10. 960design macrumors 68020

Hi Misskitty!

It is
    they are wrong
    it's not
    could be true, depending on the app
    What do you say? What will you say next year, when your iPad Air is still running the latest iOS and the iPad2 may not?

11. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

They are trying to justify their purchase, and find reasons that your iPad is not loads better

12. Q-Dog macrumors 6502

Q-Dog

Did you buy it for yourself or for others? Why does it matter what others think?

13. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

This :D

Of course there is a difference, but some simply won't find it all that dramatic. After using my iPad 2 non-stop I brought my Dad the iPad with retina display.

At first he didn't notice anything, until he used the iPad 2 and saw that it wasn't nearly as sharp.

Even then he just shrugged about it.

14. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

To those who do not know her...

its a typical misskitty thread... you should lower your expectations as she may never come and read your answers. :rolleyes:

15. Mechayoshi macrumors regular

Mechayoshi

If the said they don't see a speed difference I could kind of understand since that depends on the app and there's lots of variables with speed.

But if they couldn't tell a weight and screen difference, something up.

Either their blind or you were being a showoff and they said that to spite you.(no offence if that wasn't the case)

16. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yep.

That said, my A5 devices have a hard time even loading the App Store. You really have to spend time using the device to see the difference.

17. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Yes I think you do. I've looked at the non retina mini and retina mini side by side in the Apple store and couldn't really see a difference. My iPad Air has the A7 chip and my iPod touch has the A5, the air is noticeably all round smoother and faster, however you would have to use them both together to notice as on its own the touch is fine.

18. cynics macrumors G3

Lol I was using my friends iPad 2 in a case and it took me 20 minutes to realize it wasn't retina. I hold an iPad pretty far away though.

19. ColdShower macrumors newbie

Lmaooooo

----------

Most likely they don't own one and they are hating on you. I have both and my iPad 2 is collecting dust. Extremely lighter and processor is faster.

20. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

As others have said, speed difference isn't all that noticable, and many people have trouble distinguishing the retina from non retina screens. But they can't tell the difference in weight? That, I find hard to believe. I pick up my old iPad 3, and it feels like a brick compared to the Air.

21. mgregoryknives macrumors newbie

This.

22. Premium1 macrumors 6502a

Agree. If you can't see a difference something is wrong. I think they are just jealous and trying to down play the iPad Air, making you feel like you "wasted money"

23. patorioto macrumors member

I've found that honestly your average person can't tell the difference and frankly I don't think they care that much.

We just got new laptops in our office and they of course went about as cheap as possible. The screen is dim and downright awful. I was talking to a friend at work about it and his exact words were "I didn't notice anything. It looks ok to me. As long as I can load my outlook and do my work I don't really care."

24. oldmacs macrumors 68040

Its because the iPad 2 runs iOS 7 quite well. Sure the iPad Air is obviously faster but its not a massive difference for the basic user.

25. chupachup macrumors 6502

I bet they're all girls.