Craazy monitor burn in

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jimmy43, Aug 31, 2009.

1. jimmy43 macrumors member

Hi guys, I just started using my boss's 23" cinema display and. ..well check this out:

[​IMG]

(taken on my iphone. that gray area is 100% solid, no transparency).
    Well now i know why he gave it to me ..
    This effect only takes a few minutes to appear. Not hours, or days - minutes. Crazy?! is this normal?:eek:

2. gfhoward macrumors member

I'm having the same problem with a 23" Apple Cinema Display. I leave a window up for only a couple minutes and it burns in. Same with icons on the desktop. Anyone know what the issue is?

3. AppleThis&That macrumors regular

AppleThis&That

Wow. Can't believe that's happening. I use a 5 year old 20" Apple cinema display at work and still runs fine. It's LCD though and they usually don't have burn-in problems. Is the 23" an LCD?

4. gfhoward macrumors member

Yeah, it's an LCD. It's not "burn-in" per se, but it looks exactly like it on the screen. I've heard it referred to as "image retention." Whatever, it sucks, and I'm wondering if I can permanently fix it or if the screen is shot

5. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I've had a bunch of LCD monitors over the years, and they've all developed this problem as they've aged. It seems like it actually becomes increasingly worse with time, but the "burn-in" is never permanent. Still, it is kind of annoying.

6. nanofrog macrumors G4

This might help:

Source. Hope it helps. :)

7. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

I've had this happen on several of my LCDs, though not to the degree of jimmy43's monitor. If still under warranty, I try to get it replaced.