Crabtree Valley Mall, Raleigh NC

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by rsnc, Sep 20, 2012.

1. rsnc macrumors regular

Anyone lining up at the apple store? If so, what time?

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I go to UNC, but I was getting a root canal in Greensboro, so I was at the Greensboro Apple Store on launch day. If I was still in town, I would have been at the Southpoint Apple Store.

3. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

I usually goto the Crabtree store but sadly my upgrade wasn't available at launch.

4. DowdyFick macrumors regular

5. djyoungcity macrumors newbie

Just went by there today to talk with the employees. They confirmed the 8am launch and said there wouldn't be any worries about getting into the mall to line up regardless of what time we got there.

I plan to get there at 5am with 2 other friends. Should confirm a 64gb Slate 5S.

6. djn4eva, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

djn4eva macrumors regular

I'll be lining up at Crabtree this year, for the first time. Anyone else going out there? What's the best time from past launch days?

7. ijohnw macrumors regular

Do they allow you to sit inside the mall during the night or do you have to line up outside?

8. kidtriton macrumors newbie

They told me that the mall would not be opened until 5am and that security would ask anyone "loitering" on the property (parking lots included) to leave between the time they close for the night and open at 5.

9. djn4eva macrumors regular

Is that how it's always been??

10. kidtriton macrumors newbie

From reading past threads on here it looks like for the 3G and 3GS they didn't open the mall or allow people to gather before 5:30am. Then I found a thread for the iPhone 4 launch where it looked like they let people wait all night inside the mall but I haven't found any info on the last two years for the 4S and 5, but I did call the mall and they said no one allowed even in the parking lots until 5:00am tomorrow. You should call the mall and see if they tell you the same.

11. mateen110 macrumors regular

Im in Chapel Hill going to south point -- good luck

12. kidtriton macrumors newbie

We had 7 people in line at the food court doors for a while and security came and made us go back to the parking lot and stay in our cars until 6, they said. We made paper numbers to give ourselves and whoever comes so hopefully we can manage to keep our spots.

13. supersalo macrumors 6502

supersalo

14. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

In line now, goes to about banana republic, straight from the apple store.

15. deeddawg macrumors 604

100 plus in line, Apple employees saying out o white and gold.

16. mateen110 macrumors regular

17. kidtriton macrumors newbie

I was #2 in our parking deck "camping out party" overnight. We kept in communication with mall police making sure we did everything correctly according to them and since we couldn't be up close to the building we made our own numbering system with pieces of paper and handed the next number out to each person as they showed up. When the mall police opened the food court doors at 5am and we quietly made our way to the store (since we all knew our line numbering) we were saddened to see about 24 people in line in front of us at the store already. According to a couple of them there were random doors around the perimeter of the mall that were "accidentally" left open and we also felt like some of them were friends or family of apple store employees judging by the way certain employees would come out and talk with them several times. We were very very disappointed by the way it was handled by the apple store and mall police, all the different stories of what to do and where to go, etc. So instead of #2 I was #26 in line and got the last white and silver phone they had in any size, any carrier. The gold phones were all gone before they got to our #1 guy (that had been waiting since 9pm the night before) and several people in my group had camped out all night to get gold and didn't because of the people in front of us that got in just an hour or less before 5am. They really need to get their act together, we were even told by mall police that the apple store was supposed to get a permit from the mall to open early at 8 and didn't, and were getting fined for it. It was a mess.

18. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

Reviving the dead! Anyone lining up for this one??

19. supersalo macrumors 6502

supersalo

Hmmmm.... pre-ordering is hard because I want to see the two sizes in person first.

20. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

I comepletely agree. I'm having to preorder though. No way I can get off work for it. First time since 2007 that I'll be missing launch day. :(

21. kidtriton macrumors newbie

I will not do this again this year unless something goes wrong with the preordering tomorrow morning.

22. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

Were you able to preorder?

23. kidtriton macrumors newbie

Yes, so glad I won't have to go through that again this year.

24. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams