Crack in Macbook, What are the chances of Apple Replacing?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by greenday123, Jan 19, 2008.

1. greenday123 macrumors 6502

The keyboard part of my macbook has cracked, and a piece has fallen off. See in picture. What are the chances of apple replacing at least the keyboard part of my laptop?[​IMG]

2. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

Do you have any AppleCare left for your MacBook, if you don't than there is very little chance.

3. kahollan macrumors newbie

Is it still under warranty? If so they have to replace it if you demand. go to an apple store. Mine was out of warranty, BY ONE MONTH. no repair. This is a common complaint caused by the magnetic closure (and wear from wrists) , but mostly if you have a tendency to close it too quickly and not gently. I had to order one from powerbookmedic.com great store, lightspeed shipping....

Attached Files:

4. greenday123 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have the applecare warranty on it, so apple should replace it?

5. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

They should because you didn't damage it yourself.

6. one1 macrumors 65816

I was over a YEAR out of wty on a 1.83 Rev A and Apple sent a box for it, picked it up overnight, and had it back to me in 2 days.

.........and I bought it second hand to begin with! Brand new top cover, keyboard, trackpad.

I {heart} Apple for their help on something they had no good reason to replace.

7. aosman macrumors 6502

I think AppleCare would cover it. They did the same for me: they got me my MBP back in less than 3 days. I was pretty impressed/pleased