Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

capitalletters

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
London
So, I dropped my iPhone on some pretty tough marble and it cracked the screen glass, but everything else works fine. I'm actually posting this using my iPhone.

I've been googling on fixing the screen and have come across some companies to use, like ukipodrepairs.co.uk, ipodrepaircentre.com, iphone-repairs.co.uk etc, but they all charge the same price, which admittadly is much better than Apple's £200 replacement fee!

I was wondering if anyone here knew anything about a company called phonescreenrepair.co.uk as they only charge £40? I guess I'm just apprehensive about sending my phone away to someone, and I have looked at the videos of DIY screen replacement and don't think I can do it!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

jonjamesm

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2008
theres been a couple of faulty iphones on ebay that have been up for auction as spares and repairs. Maybe you could buy one of them and then take it to a shop somewhere abit more local?

When I flooded my macbook with goo-gone *shudders* apple were going to charge me 900 pounds. I relaised that it wasnt an apple problem, just a confidence in taking the thing apart problem and went to a computer repair shop. Best 70 pounds I ever spent...

I also broke my old spv m3100 back in the day - a nail through the digitzer!!! - so I bought a digitizer and took it to the same guy - 20 pound repair, woulda cost me 150 to send it away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.