Cracked iPhone 5 screen, what to do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by keatth, Sep 14, 2013.

1. keatth macrumors 6502

So I dropped my iPhone 5 and the screen cracked and top right corner of the bezel came off, so you can see the camera. Anyway, I was wondering which route to take...either sell it as is, get it repaired and sell it, or get it repaired and keep it.

Sell it as is - I have an offer for $280. But I think i can get more than that. What do you think?

Repair it and sell it - Apple store offers screen repair for $150, but then the warranty will be voided. Saw a guy on craigslist for $110, but I don't trust his screens are OEM or trust him to do it right.

Thoughts, comments and opinions appreciated. Thanks.

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

If you don't trust the parts or labor how is it even an option? If you think you can get more than $280 for a broken phone, gook luck. I would not purchase a broken phone that might have other internal damage that might not have shown itself yet since the drop.

3. darster Suspended

If you can get $280 for it, take it. I wouldn't give you a $100 with all that damage.

4. mhdena macrumors 6502

Thats what bumpers and cases are for.

Protection plus a better grip.

5. keatth thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I'll be sure to remember that when I go back in time.

6. Warcake macrumors regular

Cracked iPhone 5 screen, what to do?

What a useless reply. Seriously man.

Anyway op, I'd just have it repaired and keep it. You'll prolly just break even or make very little if you have it repaired and sell it.

7. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Actually, a screen repair on the 5 is pretty easy. If you can find the part online for a reasonable price, I'd say do it yourself then sell it! :)

8. mhdena macrumors 6502

A warning to all the other apple dummies who want the world to see they have a shiny new iPhone

9. keatth thread starter macrumors 6502

actually I use a case, I was at home and took it off because i hadn't had to naked in a while. A warning to keep your case on your phone at ALL times?

10. jasond567 macrumors newbie

I agree 100% with what this guy says, fix it yourself, you will save alot of money and it is easier then you think!

11. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Will Apple take a cracked screen trade in? Might be easier to dump it without hassle and get an Ip5S.